Help support TMP

"New Napoleonic Portuguese - Have you started to..." Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

598 hits since 26 Apr 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP26 Apr 2018 8:53 p.m. PST

….painting them?

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

Main page
https://www.perry-miniatures.com

Amicalement
Armand

Personal logo Bobgnar Supporting Member of TMP26 Apr 2018 10:41 p.m. PST

Beautiful figures. Will Cacadores be coming? Anyone know if the Cacadores carried Baker Rifles?

Personal logo deadhead Supporting Member of TMP26 Apr 2018 11:32 p.m. PST

The suggestion is cacadores to follow….and the answer is some did

TMP link

Supercilius Maximus Supporting Member of TMP27 Apr 2018 6:56 a.m. PST

@Bobgnar – The Cacadores battalions consisted, I believe, of five companies; of these, four were musket-armed, but the fifth (called Atiradores) were armed with the Baker rifle. I'm fairly sure that this ratio was maintained all through the Peninsular War.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP27 Apr 2018 11:01 a.m. PST

Glad you like the painting job my friend!.

Amicalement
Armand

ToysnSoldiers27 Apr 2018 11:15 a.m. PST

Don't bad, but prefer Brigade Games Portuguese. Better figures and better castings.

Personal logo Mserafin Supporting Member of TMP27 Apr 2018 12:27 p.m. PST

I'm not sure the Brigade ones are better, but I've already got a bunch painted and ready to play, so I won't be needing any of these. I have to paint all those Perry French I bought anyway!

Three Armies27 Apr 2018 7:11 p.m. PST

not ordered mine yet, the painting mountain is growing faster than my brushes will work. lol

Artilleryman28 Apr 2018 3:32 a.m. PST

In my opinion, Perrys are the best and I will always go for them by choice. However, I already have a brigade of the Paul Hicks sculpts (were Victrix now Bde Games) and his work is one of my alternative favourites. Looking at them on the shelf, I am not sure I feel the need to replace them, excellent though the Perry figures are. Maybe some time down the line, but a Bavarian division and some French artillery are taking precedence.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP28 Apr 2018 11:19 a.m. PST

Glad you like them my friend!.

Amicalement
Armand

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.