Help support TMP

"Pulp gaming in 15mm?" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Wargaming in the United Kingdom Message Board

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

Back to the Pulp Gaming Message Board

613 hits since 24 Apr 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Jozis Tin Man24 Apr 2018 8:31 a.m. PST

Packing all my stuff to get ready to sell our house and I am astounded at the volume my 28mm terrain takes up, even can mpared to the figures. With all of the availability, I am tempted to down scale to 15mm. Between Blue Moon and Rebel Minis I should be able to do all the Pulp and Victorian adventure gaming I want with probably 30% of the storage space.

Has anyone else done this?

How do Blue Moon and Rebel minis mix?

I love my Bob March figures but the terrain storage is killing me!

Thoughts?

Jozis Tin Man24 Apr 2018 8:32 a.m. PST

Packing all my stuff to get ready to sell our house and I am astounded at the volume my 28mm terrain takes up, even can mpared to the figures. With all of the availability, I am tempted to down scale to 15mm. Between Blue Moon and Rebel Minis I should be able to do all the Pulp and Victorian adventure gaming I want with probably 30% of the storage space.

Has anyone else done this?

How do Blue Moon and Rebel minis mix?

I love my Bob March figures but the terrain storage is killing me!

Thoughts?

RWindle24 Apr 2018 11:14 a.m. PST

Just started gathering stuff to play Pulp Alley in 15 mm. I can't leave a full sized 3' x 3' (plus) playing area set up for very long so I've decided to use an 18" x 18" tile and 15 mm figures and terrain so I can play on a desktop. I have a lot of 15 mm figures from Colonial and Sci-Fi/Fantasy gaming to re-purpose. I intend to get some gangster types from either Blue moon or Rebel Minis so I can do Noir scenarios.

Ed the Two Hour Wargames guy24 Apr 2018 1:20 p.m. PST

RWindle
Yep, even the 3x3 table is getting tough to leave set up. That's one reason most our new rules are including the option to use the 12" x 12" Battle Board.

Rebel and Blue Moon have some good stuff and all you'd need. The ones they don't have would be historical stuff anyway and easy to get

cherrypicker24 Apr 2018 5:41 p.m. PST

You need to get yourself a mancave I have converted a double garage in to a room that's ALL MINE :-), no issue with space then or leaving it up for weeks/months at a time

Jules

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP04 Jun 2018 10:40 a.m. PST

Here are some excellent characters too:

cromsanvil.co.uk/characters.html

Dan

deflatermouse09 Jun 2018 3:47 a.m. PST

What "era" of Pulp are you wanting to do?
1920's/'30's? Conan ? Cthulhu? G-8 and his battle aces? Gangsters and Gin-runners? Flash Gordon?
Like VSF there's a lot of figures (you do have to hunt them) in 15mm. A lot of Eureka in 15mm WWII can used used very happily.

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP09 Jun 2018 1:47 p.m. PST

For me, I like early 20th century, before the Nazis* came along. More of a Victorian-Pulp overlap, perhaps starting around 1890, but not past 1930:

TMP link
TMP link

Years back I bought a bunch of Boer Wars infantry to use as big game hunters, African and Aboriginal tribesmen, Spanish American War, American sailors, King Kong, Tarzan, etc a while back. I even bought Nemo's infantry from Rebel Minis. Thankfully all those bins survived our flood last August.

I just need to figure out how to paint them so they look like a mixed group of characters and not too similar.

Dan
* Nazis are wayyyy overdone, I think.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.