Help support TMP

"what happened to "art of wargaming" miniature buildings?" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

980 hits since 4 Mar 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

cytaylor Supporting Member of TMP04 Mar 2018 5:44 a.m. PST

Does anyone know what happened to this company? They were producing resin building lines originally made by crescent root. Cy

zoneofcontrol Inactive Member04 Mar 2018 6:16 a.m. PST

I remember the announcement that Art Of Wargaming picked up and would be selling the original Crescent Root lines. They did open for a short time and then closed for a while. I believe they again reopened but closed down shortly afterwards. This has been discussed here on TMP in the past but with the Search Function shut down due to the bug, I cannot find the previous threads.

Here is a link to their website:
theartofwargaming.com

However, there is a message about not accepting orders:
"The Art of Wargaming is currently closed and not accepting orders"

There is a contact email listed on the site:
theartofwargame@gmail.com

I see their buildings in use all over the place so I know they are/were popular. Not sure if the market reached saturation or if there was some sort of internal difficulty at Art Of Wargaming.

Razor78 Supporting Member of TMP04 Mar 2018 3:40 p.m. PST

The short story is that I got a new job. While the pay raise was significant, so was the increase in travel and quite honestly I don't have the time. Rather than take orders and make folks wait a ridiculous amount of time for their stuff I've decided to close the business for now. If my travel ever slows down I'll look at reopening.

zoneofcontrol Inactive Member04 Mar 2018 4:38 p.m. PST

Sounds like a "Good News – Bad News" situation.

Good News: you are gainfully employed.

Bad News: it pulled you at least partially away from the hobby.

Best wishes…

Big Red Supporting Member of TMP05 Mar 2018 5:48 a.m. PST

I'm glad I ordered a bunch before you went on the road. They are really nice buildings. Good luck with your new job and hopefully you will be able to reopen in the future.

Steelkilt05 Mar 2018 4:22 p.m. PST

On a tangential note, Zoneofcontrol: We can use Google to search the TMP forums. Just use the 'inurl' structure: "phrase" inurl:http: //theminiaturespage.com

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.