Help support TMP

"Top 5 Worst things in Star Trek Discovery" Topic

13 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Star Trek Message Board

584 hits since 2 Feb 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP02 Feb 2018 4:19 p.m. PST

Maybe… there are more?… (smile)

YouTube link

Amicalement
Armand

Choctaw02 Feb 2018 5:25 p.m. PST

#1. It's pay for view.

Neal Smith02 Feb 2018 6:41 p.m. PST

+1 Choctaw

Scottjm02 Feb 2018 9:25 p.m. PST

Not for us in Canada, who get Space.

skipper John Supporting Member of TMP03 Feb 2018 8:04 a.m. PST

I liked it. Looking forward to season 2.

Dave Jackson Supporting Member of TMP03 Feb 2018 8:16 a.m. PST

So, Armand. Do you actually watch the show and have an opinion? I like the show. Wasn't sure at first, still think the writers watch too much GoT….

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP03 Feb 2018 11:57 a.m. PST

I have said many times in other threads about "Discovery"… that I like and enjoyed the show… and I sustain imho that IT'S STAR TREK… maybe not the best… but it is…

I still remember the fight when "The New Generation" appeared on TV… people HATE it… and now… it's a classic at the same level tan Kirk and his friends…

thanks for asking.

Amicalement
Armand

Stryderg03 Feb 2018 12:44 p.m. PST

BLASPHEMY!! TNG is not even close to the same level as the original! Kirk didn't have his bridge in the lobby of a hotel.

{/rant over}
Anyone know any good mantras to lower blood pressure?

emckinney03 Feb 2018 8:59 p.m. PST

The Next Generation is still terrible. Bad casting, bad scripts, etc. The original series had plenty of problems (ummm, acting?), but it had such amazing big ideas for plots and it pushed many boundaries in racial issues.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP03 Feb 2018 10:19 p.m. PST

Bad acting?… Picard and Riker?… Data?…. NO WAY!… Sir… choose your groomsmen … tomorrow afternoon you have a duel with faser pistols…. (smile)

Amicalement
Armand

Cyrus the Great03 Feb 2018 11:35 p.m. PST

BLASPHEMY!! TNG is not even close to the same level as the original! Kirk didn't have his bridge in the lobby of a hotel.

The Next Generation is still terrible. Bad casting, bad scripts, etc

Sorry to burst your bubbles, you need to see this.

link

Not my personal choice as I like Deep Space Nine and Star Trek Discovery in that order.

Cyrus the Great03 Feb 2018 11:54 p.m. PST

Regarding the YouTube link. Pick nits much?

Gunfreak Supporting Member of TMP07 Feb 2018 11:35 a.m. PST

Almost all those poll on the official star trek site end with TNG or TNG characters winning. It's by far the most popular show. The only major exception is if one of the options is Spock he usually wins those.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.