Help support TMP

"Comparison of SW: Legion and Imperial Assault AT-STs" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Star Wars Message Board

532 hits since 12 Jan 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Mezmaron12 Jan 2018 9:04 p.m. PST

Fantasy Flight Games just released a Twitter photo showing the differences in size between the Star Wars: Legion's AT-ST and Imperial Assault's AT-ST – the results are quite telling….

picture

link

Personal logo Tommy20 Supporting Member of TMP12 Jan 2018 10:58 p.m. PST

Yup! And that's why I won't be buying Legion.

Personal logo D6 Junkie Supporting Member of TMP13 Jan 2018 5:55 a.m. PST

Have to agree with Tommy. I find the Imperial Assault one plenty big enough for me. Hopefully the actual figures won't be this huge in comparison

Grumpy Monkey13 Jan 2018 6:48 a.m. PST

Well it certainly is more to scale/proportion than the Assault one

Lascaris13 Jan 2018 10:08 a.m. PST

Without a clue to actual dimensions I can't tell if one is oversized or the other undersized.

wolvermonkey13 Jan 2018 10:22 a.m. PST

A 28mmm figure next to them would be a big help in telling their size.

Catoblepas13 Jan 2018 11:01 p.m. PST

That would explain the price.

I wonder if the Legion ATST might actually be closer to the correct scale for IA than the IA ATST-which I seem to recall being in a noticeably smaller scale than the other characters. We would need a comparison with a normal IA and Legion figures though to be sure.

Kinda funny considering the whole IA-Legion scale creep controversy if that's the case.

emckinney14 Jan 2018 10:42 a.m. PST

link

It's not scale creep at all. It's a completely different scale.

Perspective in the new Twitter post is difficult to judge (it appears to be a Photoshop composite), but you can make your own judgement on whether the AT-ST scaled up exactly the same as the scale-up of the stormtroopers or a little more.

I was disappointed but the larger figures because I was hoping to see large battles, not just more skirmishes.

The Shoveler16 Jan 2018 8:23 a.m. PST

I have the IA AT-ST and it's plenty big next to my 28mm minis. Going much bigger than that is kind of ridiculous.

trynda170116 Jan 2018 11:02 a.m. PST

Beyond the physical scale difference of the miniature figures, what is the difference between the two games? Is IA a skirmish level game and Legion more battalion level?

billthecat16 Jan 2018 7:13 p.m. PST

You need to collect different sets of cardboard play-aids and cards to play each game……….

Personal logo herkybird Supporting Member of TMP17 Jan 2018 11:20 a.m. PST

I only hope the company doesn't forget Imperial Assault releases with all this oversized Legion stuff!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.