Help support TMP

"15mm Warmachine 'look a likes'?" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 15mm Fantasy Message Board

Back to the 15mm Sci-Fi Message Board

Back to the Fantasy Discussion Message Board

733 hits since 10 Jan 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Membership System will be closing for maintenance in 2 minutes. Please finish anything that will involve the membership system, including membership changes or posting of messages.

crazycaptain10 Jan 2018 9:00 p.m. PST

Do any of you know of manufactures that produce figures similar to Warmachine? 15mm is my scale, and the 28mm figures are too pricey anyway. I am hoping that there is some fantasy/steampunk line in 15mm.

Do any of you know of manufactures that produce figures similar to Warmachine? 15mm is my scale, and the 28mm figures are too pricey anyway. I am hoping that there is some fantasy/steampunk line in 15mm.

crazycaptain10 Jan 2018 10:56 p.m. PST

Sorry for the repeats…

Prince Rupert of the Rhine11 Jan 2018 3:07 a.m. PST

The old Mage Knight range has a couple of small 28mm Golems that might fit the bill as 15mm warjacks

The Beast Rampant11 Jan 2018 6:20 a.m. PST

True. I have always though this guy looked the part:

picture

A Steam Golem from "Rebellion", the original base set of MK. He's the first MK mini I ever rebased and co-oped for another game.

Twoball Cane11 Jan 2018 11:22 a.m. PST

I cant think of any. Maybe skullduggery press has an undead looking mech…but they haven't released anything.

Just teasing us.

ROUWetPatchBehindTheSofa12 Jan 2018 12:43 p.m. PST

Interesting question, I've previously considered using a War Jack as a 15mm mech (but abandoned the idea on cost grounds). I don't do steam punk, so the best I can think of is more conventional sci-fi ranges, though to be honest most the steam punk models I've seen tend towards the Victorian steam-contraption or tin-man, which isn't really the look your aiming for? The Ion Age range has battlesuits though they would need some conversion. Onslaught produce Talos Syndicate mechs in there 6mm range (not-Epic not-40K knights) and there's a sword & shield equipped version coming soon, which are a bit more steam punkish than the Ion Age stuff. Both sets of models come in at around 30mm – so twice man-height give or take.
Also if you can find them a Russian company Technolog produce a range (ZOD) of cheap plastic mechs, which are about the right height, in a hard but poor quality plastic that could be the basis of conversions if you were so minded.

crazycaptain14 Jan 2018 2:03 p.m. PST

Thanks for the tips guys! Well, maybe one of these days there will be something in the vein of fantasy steampunk. 15mm has just exploded over the last 8 years that I was feeling there might be a range someone has attempted.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.