Help support TMP

"Transformers Decoy Recasts " Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Moldmaking and Casting Message Board

Back to the Plastic Figures Message Board

Back to the Toy Gaming Gallery Message Board

Back to the SF Gallery Message Board

994 hits since 4 Jan 2018
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Black Android Inactive Member04 Jan 2018 5:09 p.m. PST

Transformers Decoy Recasts
These are some miniatures I made by recasting the old rubber Transformer Decoy figures from the 80's and re-positioning them. I added hands from Warhammer 40K space marines and miniature weapons from my bits box that I have collected overt time. In this lot we have many Autobots and Decepticons.

These are strictly not for sale and I cast them for myself from the rubber originals that are deteriorating. I had wanted to do this project since I was a kid back in the 1980's and my brother showed me a rubber Transformer Decoy that came with one of his Transformers toys. The miniatures are about 25mm size. These rubber figures are very popular in Japan and are called Keshi. There are several different sets of Transformers Keshi.

Links:
link

link

link

link

I hope to use these in a Transformers version of Space Hulk when I get more made up.

Personal logo The Beast Rampant Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2018 5:15 p.m. PST

That's pretty cool- thanks for sharing!

cloudcaptain04 Jan 2018 5:52 p.m. PST

Great work indeed!

Ivan DBA05 Jan 2018 8:04 a.m. PST

Autobots, roll out!

Now you need some appropriate matchbox cars and toy jets for when they transform.

I like the little details you did on the bases, the person running away, the dog and fire hydrant!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.