Help support TMP

"Bentonville battlefield photos" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the ACW Discussion Message Board

578 hits since 10 Dec 2017
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

ChrisBBB2 Supporting Member of TMP10 Dec 2017 4:01 a.m. PST

I had the chance to visit this battlefield and pay my respects. I took a handful of photos, see my Flickr album here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsm7tjmTQ

One of the last battles of the war – March 19/21, 1865 – it was an action with serious ebb and flow, starting with a near-crushing Confederate attack, followed by a Yankee response in overwhelming force:
link
Definitely merits a BBB scenario!

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
link
bloodybigbattles.blogspot.co.uk

14Bore10 Dec 2017 10:05 a.m. PST

All my years traveling back and forth to Myrtle beach and passing the area never relized there was that much to see.
Thanks, maybe sometime I will stop.

Razor78 Supporting Member of TMP10 Dec 2017 11:58 a.m. PST

Used to live about 20 miles from there and visited many times. Great place.

ScottWashburn Sponsoring Member of TMP10 Dec 2017 12:54 p.m. PST

I've been there for the reenactment a couple of times. Very interesting place and an interesting battle.

Personal logo COL Scott ret Supporting Member of TMP13 Dec 2017 7:41 p.m. PST

The first time tat I was stationed at Ft Bragg my battalion conducted a staff ride there. As the newest Lieutenant I got tasked to help in running it.

That was the first of many staff rides that I have done. Good memories, from your pictures not much has changed since 1987. Somewhere I have a picture of me, supporting the butcher block tablet while the commander talked, standing at that crossroads.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.