Help support TMP

"Scammell Pioneer SV2S" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Cold War (1946-1989) Message Board

Back to the Interwar (WWI to WWII) Message Board

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

307 hits since 6 Dec 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango0106 Dec 2017 8:17 p.m. PST

"From 1936, the British Army began to receive Pioneer heavy recovery vehicles. The first 43 delivered were designated the Pioneer SV1S[1] and the Pioneer SV1T both with a 3-ton folding crane and lockers for recovery equipment and towing bars. Most of these early Pioneer recovery vehicles were lost with the BEF.

The Pioneer SV2S[2] had a simpler redesigned extending crane that provided greater lifting height. It was Introduced in 1938 and remained in production throughout the war, with a total of 1,975 were built by war's end.

Among the Pioneer's equipment was a pair of tracks that could be fitted over the two rear wheels, converting it temporarily into a half-track and giving greater traction on soft ground.

The last Pioneer recovery vehicle was not retired from the British Army until the 1980s in Belize…."
From Wiki

Excellent model!

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

More here

link

Amicalement
Armand

mysteron Supporting Member of TMP07 Dec 2017 3:22 a.m. PST

Nice Model

I would like to see a good model of one of these in 15mm .20mm guys are already well served by Oxford Diecast.

Marc33594 Supporting Member of TMP07 Dec 2017 6:58 a.m. PST

Very nice review but others a bit more cautionary. The December 2017 issue of Fine Scale Modeler covers this kit in one of "their Workbench Reviews". Among the problems listed are random incorrect parts labels; no rigging instructions; lack of interior detail. Overall they were happy with the fit of the parts and the PE details. They recommend it for someone who had built a few kits before and did say it would be a good starting point for someone who wanted to super detail the vehicle.

As always thanks for these Tango my friend.

Tango0107 Dec 2017 10:03 a.m. PST

A votre service mes amis!. (smile)

Amicalement
Armand

LDC27107 Dec 2017 4:05 p.m. PST

I would like to see a good model of one of these in 15mm .20mm guys are already well served by Oxford Diecast.

Arctic Skunk on Shapeways makes one of these:
link

mysteron Supporting Member of TMP08 Dec 2017 2:08 a.m. PST

Thanks LDC271 . Never heard of that company .It looks nice but a tad pricey but maybe OK if you just need the one like I do .

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.