Help support TMP

"SAGA - Normans and Vikings" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Medieval Battle Reports Message Board

379 hits since 6 Dec 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

abc wargamers Supporting Member of TMP06 Dec 2017 2:25 a.m. PST

My first game using the SAGA rules. Some pictures and write up of the game. Much more enjoyable than I thought it would be.
abcwargamers.blogspot.co.uk

skipper John Supporting Member of TMP06 Dec 2017 7:08 a.m. PST

A good read! Thanks for sharing your first SAGA game!

torokchar Supporting Member of TMP06 Dec 2017 7:14 a.m. PST

Great report, thanks for posting – keep us abreast as you play more of this GREAT GAME.

PS: try some Norman archers next game – lots of battle board bonuses (if you roll your dice correctly that is!!!)

WarWizard06 Dec 2017 7:37 a.m. PST

Yes looks great…..

Louie N06 Dec 2017 9:11 a.m. PST

Six saves on a D6 needing 6. Now that is one for the Sagas!

Good write up and very nice figures.

abc wargamers Supporting Member of TMP07 Dec 2017 1:38 a.m. PST

Hi all
Many thanks for taking the time to look and post your comments, they are much appreciated. Never having tried anything like this I was really surprised how easy it was to grasp the concepts around the rules and what an enjoyable game it was. Having a look at some figures to play more games.
You are right Louie N, the 6 sixes is the stuff of Sagas!

Clays Russians08 Dec 2017 8:09 a.m. PST

This is a great game indeed, but keep in mind, a second edition of the rules is rolling out after the first of the year. I'm waiting and hoping they don't ‘break it'. But some of the other factions are just plain "wonky", esp the Irish 🤨 and the Jomsvikings, who are just Vikings who live in Northern Ireland.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.