Help support TMP

"Historical Match Up – LIR vs. the Burgundi" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ancients Discussion Message Board

242 hits since 6 Dec 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP06 Dec 2017 1:11 a.m. PST

Later Imperial Rome meet the Burgundi in the dense forest region across the Rhine.
These were hard fought battles for both sides. Full report and photos can be found here.

link

Cheers,
Robert

Durban Gamer06 Dec 2017 3:23 a.m. PST

Superb figures and terrain, and great action. Thanks for posting – really shows how DBA is a great system.

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP06 Dec 2017 8:03 a.m. PST

Indeed it is.

I am toying with a number of rule features from earlier WRG rule sets such as, time of day and weather for future scenarios.

These will be integrated in the campaign rules for our next project.

Cheers,

mghFond08 Dec 2017 9:35 p.m. PST

Amazing, Timurilank! How many armies do you actually own??

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP08 Dec 2017 11:17 p.m. PST

mghFond,

I stopped counting, but well over a hundred ‘tiny armies' ; ).

The collection focuses on five key eras; the Consular period (Polybian), the Severan Dynasty (MIR), Later Imperial Rome/Early Byzantine, the Umayyad/Abbasid era and Late Medieval Europe. The last named are awaiting their flags and banners and therefore have not been mentioned or seen.

Last month I began the restoration of several Biblical armies which I have had for fifteen years. These are the Early Libyan, Early Bedouin and the Later Amorites. An order was placed for Early Egyptian to serve as a mutual enemy for the first three mentioned. This places the time period for the collection at 3000 BC – 1800 BC.

As soon as the armies are based, I will post ‘before' and ‘after' photos to the blog. In the meantime, we keep fighting historical matches and the next one will be posted Sunday.

Cheers,

mghFond10 Dec 2017 10:43 p.m. PST

Thanks for answering and that's a lot of armies, even for DBA size armies. Impressive.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.