Help support TMP

"15mm Hebrews" Topic

13 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ancients Discussion Message Board

386 hits since 4 Dec 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

jeeves04 Dec 2017 8:00 p.m. PST

Does anyone make figures that are intended to represent Biblical Hebrews these days? I am very confused.

RudyNelson04 Dec 2017 8:39 p.m. PST

Old glory 15s had some in the Successor range.oval shield spears or swords.
For earlier Hebrews some of the Chariot,, biblical ranges have castings that will work.

Personal logo Jlundberg Supporting Member of TMP04 Dec 2017 8:43 p.m. PST

Essex

Ragbones Supporting Member of TMP04 Dec 2017 8:54 p.m. PST

Chariot Miniatures, sold by Magister Militum.

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP04 Dec 2017 9:48 p.m. PST

Then there are Xyston's for the Maccabean period.

Dan

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2017 12:04 a.m. PST

I was going to recommend the Fire and Forge figures, but they are of the Maccabean era.

The Magister Militum fit the bill if you are thinking about the armies Saul and David. I do see their figures are generic and are found again among other armies, such as the Bedouin.

That did bring up the possibility of using Old Glory's Biblical figures to increase the mix, specifically the SY5 Amorite and SY3 Canaanites (city dwellers).

OneHuaiTicket05 Dec 2017 2:54 a.m. PST

Try Cutting Edge, now sold thru Warlord. They are true 25mm scale, slim and well proportioned, and really gorgeous models! Not quite what you were asking for, but if you take a look, I think you may consider switching!

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2017 6:07 a.m. PST

I used a mix of Essex and Old Glory.

jefritrout Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2017 6:53 a.m. PST

Sgt Major Miniatures had some, but since he went out of business about a two years ago, that line seems to have disappeared. I was fortunate to get just enough for an ADLG army just in time.

Tarantella05 Dec 2017 7:35 a.m. PST

The revamped Museum Miniatures website has a few Judeans and Aramaeans tucked away in their ~ 7th century BC Assyrian range.

Personal logo herkybird Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2017 10:24 a.m. PST

The only problem with biblical Hebrews is no one knows how they dressed, and if there were differences between tribes. The only good pictorial evidence I have found is the garrison of Lachish in the Assyrian period, as seen in the reliefs in the British museum…

picture

Panfilov06 Dec 2017 9:10 p.m. PST

I used Gladiator (Black Hat) bi45, Canaanite and Syrian Spear (Really JLS) for the Wb and Command in my DBA Army; Nice assortment of costumes, spears and weaponry (Not just Jav), separate Shields. Some of the bi46, Canaanite & Syrian Archers in Kilts also appear (One Pose), the other pose in the pack is in a Syrian Man-Dress, not used for that army. I have, er a lot of miscellaneous 15mm Biblicals, I think Magister Militum used to offer an Archer Assortment pack, plus assorted Essex and long out of Production Blood Ax, all mixed up in 3Ax/Wb and 2Ps.

If I could get some extra shields, I might use some of the Bi12, Bedouin Warrior with Javelin; The web illustration shows no shields, but they look like a good mix of beardy guys in Kilts and Tunics.

Panfilov06 Dec 2017 9:28 p.m. PST

Checking the MM web site, EAS12, Hupshu Assyrian Spear is a "Must Have" in Kilt with a wicker shield; I have him mixed in with various Esssex and Blood Ax; Not sure if ASS19 Assyrian Bowmen is one pose or a mix (the Levy Now Pack)?

And, they have a pack of separate shields, ten of the Rectangular Wicker for UKP 2.00! Anyone have these in stock in the USA. Oh well, postage from the UK to the US on small orders is not yet prohibitive.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.