Help support TMP

"Black Tree Design Miniatures" Topic

58 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Consumer Affairs Message Board

3,275 hits since 24 Nov 2017
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Pages: 1 2 

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian27 Nov 2017 3:46 p.m. PST

Is that extract from the FAQs about the words 'numpty' and 'berk'?

As far as I am aware, both words originate in Britain and in our country and culture neither word is regarded as offensive!

Dictionary lists them as "insults."

DanWW2 Inactive Member28 Nov 2017 9:20 a.m. PST

Ten packs of infantry ordered from BTD (UK) on the 25th…arrived in full on the 28th.

'Order them, and they will come…'

MiniPigs Supporting Member of TMP03 Feb 2018 6:14 p.m. PST

I made an initial order from Black Tree Design USA a few months ago and they left out a couple of packs of minis. I wrote them several times and they never answered. Chalked it up to taking my business somewhere else.

Catoblepas04 Feb 2018 7:37 p.m. PST

Buying miniatures from BTD seems to be a lottery as far as getting or not getting your order in the mail. Still haven't gotten replacements for an order they screwed up. Promised me via e-mail they'd ship replacements 'immediately' -close to two years and multiple ignored follow-up inquiries later…still nothing.

Never ordering from them again. Shame, the stuff I did get from them was pretty cool, and I'd love to have more of it.

MiniPigs Supporting Member of TMP06 Feb 2018 12:35 p.m. PST

Catoblepas,

To be fair, they shipped my order quickly and noted that one pack was missing and on back-order but made no note of the other missing pack.

But like with your experience, they do not respond to emails which for better or worse gives a shady impression.

They do have some nice miniatures but there are too many other makers out there for me to care.

MiniPigs Supporting Member of TMP10 Feb 2018 7:13 a.m. PST

As a necessary follow up, I should mention that literally the day after my last post on this thread, I was contacted by Black Tree with a notice that my two packs were on their way.

They arrived in two days and my order is now complete. I am happy and willing to still do business with them. The figures are quite nice.

Now, I know what some of you might be thinking. However, I am no Alex Jones devotee and I am ready to believe this is all a coincidence. Still, I cant help but think of the song…

"You can do magic
You can have anything that you desire
Magic, and you know
You're the one who can put out the fire"

kalgaloth24 May 2018 3:13 p.m. PST

Reviving this as I ordered from BTD (US) after seeing the sale on Facebook. Read on their site that they ship same day and at worse 3-5 days. It's only been 10 days since I ordered but after seeing this and some complaints on their Facebook page of people waiting from march I'm nervous. And this is on the back of my order to redoubt miniatures. oy vey.

MiniPigs Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2018 11:21 a.m. PST

Redoubt takes a long time but I always got my stuff from them. That was pre merger or whatever happened over there.

BTD marches to the tune of a different Drummer but it's more a case of outlandishly bad organization than anything else.

Every time I look at BTD's Zulu Packs, I think:

Abra abracadabra
I wanna reach out and grab ya
Abracadabra
Abracadabra

Pages: 1 2 

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.