Help support TMP

"Who Makes The Best 15mm Charles Martel Army Today?" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Dark Ages Message Board

Back to the Medieval Discussion Message Board

377 hits since 9 Nov 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2017 11:32 a.m. PST

Right around the Battle of Tours/Poitiers period, 732.

Just wondering. A very preliminary inquiry for now.

Thanks

Dan
PS. I always wondered what would have happened if the Visigoths that asked for and received military aid from the Franks when the Iberian invasion was just starting/consolidating.

picture

picture

picture

Hafen von Schlockenberg Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2017 12:05 p.m. PST

You broke TMP, CC!

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2017 12:16 p.m. PST

Wow.

It was probably the guy before me that made the topics disappear. I'm just the first one that made it back onto the main page. So, if anything, I made the topics come back! :)

Dan

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2017 12:39 p.m. PST

I hadn't seen this before, though it dates from 2011, the 1300th anniversary of the Arab/Moor crossing into Spain (711).

Dan
link

picture

arsbelli09 Nov 2017 1:12 p.m. PST

If I were building a 15mm Carolingian army, I would go with Baueda:

baueda.com/hostis_crl.html

Just use either the Charlemagne mounted and foot figures or the mounted commander for Charles Martel, and you are good to go.

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2017 1:27 p.m. PST

Oh my … those look really, really good! Stunning detail.

Thanks so much.

Dan
PS. Who else is making Dark Age (AD c700, pre-Charlemagne) 15mm Franks these days, that might be compatible with those Bauedas?

Hafen von Schlockenberg Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2017 3:19 p.m. PST

Old Glory 15s has a range:

link

Andalusians:

link

I don't know how many you're looking for, but orders over $100 USD get 20% off, and over $400 USD get 40%.

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP10 Nov 2017 5:17 a.m. PST

It's a bit too early for me to take a plunge yet. I wanted to see if good figures were out there first.

If I jump in it would be my first historical project in a several years, and I don't want it to end up in bins never seeing a battle, so I really want to think it through. And I would need to convince a couple of people to acquire forces for the opposition.

Dan

Wulfgar10 Nov 2017 7:20 a.m. PST

Dan, Baueda is probably the best place to start, as arsbelli has already pointed out. Additionally, Essex make this range, which will match perfectly in size and proportion:

link

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.