Help support TMP

"War trolls (3)" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Plastic Figures Message Board

Back to the Fantasy Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Fantasy Gallery Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

575 hits since 4 Nov 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Pauls Bods Supporting Member of TMP05 Nov 2017 2:56 a.m. PST

Set 3

picture

A couple more pics and size comparison link

Personal logo 20thmaine Supporting Member of TMP05 Nov 2017 4:33 a.m. PST

Splendid !

Personal logo herkybird Supporting Member of TMP05 Nov 2017 5:40 a.m. PST

Great paint job! – you can almost smell 'em!

Personal logo Sgt Slag Supporting Member of TMP05 Nov 2017 7:54 p.m. PST

Gorgeous paint work, as always. How about a ruler, though, as I have no idea how tall the poor, soon-to-be Grease Spot is (was)? Cheers!

Pauls Bods Supporting Member of TMP06 Nov 2017 8:02 a.m. PST

How about a ruler

Sauron ?evil grin
The Soon-to-be Grease spot is roughly 2.3cm`s..the Potential Grease-spot-creator 6cmīs.
The pic isnīt that good a comparison as for some reason the Soon-to-be Grease spot Looks tiny.

Hafen von Schlockenberg Supporting Member of TMP06 Nov 2017 9:10 a.m. PST

The heads without helmets appear to be larger than than the helmeted ones,or is this an optical illusion?

Personal logo Sgt Slag Supporting Member of TMP06 Nov 2017 11:48 a.m. PST

Wow! I would have guessed the Trolls to be much taller than 60mm. Plastic Army Men figures are typically 54mm. My plastic Cave Men/Hill Giants are 54mm, and my plastic Frost Giant figures are 60mm Vikings, so they're Frost Giant sized, in my world.

'My world', is based on a Human being 25mm tall, and then using that measure to derive the proper heights of figures for Hill and Frost Giants, per the 1977 AD&D Monster Manual's sizes for said Giants: 54mm and 60mm tall, respectively. Very interesting to know. Thank you!

BTW, your jest had me LOL! Cheers!

Pauls Bods Supporting Member of TMP07 Nov 2017 7:46 a.m. PST

The heads without helmets appear to be larger than than the helmeted ones,or is this an optical illusion?

They are slightly larger and Set 3 are slighlty more bulky than set 1 (the armoured trolls)

Hafen von Schlockenberg Supporting Member of TMP07 Nov 2017 9:37 a.m. PST

Ok,thought so,thanks.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.