Help support TMP

"Naval Engagements in the War of 1812" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Age of Sail Message Board

Back to the War of 1812 Message Board

415 hits since 25 Oct 2017
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango0126 Oct 2017 3:20 p.m. PST

Of possible interest?

link

Hope you enjoy!

Amicalement
Armand

21eRegt26 Oct 2017 5:14 p.m. PST

Not my choice of events. Either or both Lake Erie or Lake Champlain had to be included. Drop the one-sided captures of the President and Macedonian.

Glengarry526 Oct 2017 7:36 p.m. PST

I'd never heard of the capture of the USS President (captained by Decatur no less) so that was of interest to me!

Vigilant27 Oct 2017 7:46 a.m. PST

Article doesn't profess to cover the whole war, just picks 4 events. The site looks really useful with links to info on the revolutionary war, war of 1812 and the civil war.

Tango0127 Oct 2017 10:13 a.m. PST

Glad you enjoyed it my friend!. (smile)

Amicalement
Armand

138SquadronRAF Supporting Member of TMP28 Oct 2017 7:10 a.m. PST

I'd never heard of the capture of the USS President (captained by Decatur no less) so that was of interest to me!

Well the Spetics do rather like to hush that one up…

StarCruiser02 Nov 2017 5:49 a.m. PST

I don't know why anyone would try to hide that one… Sure, the USF President was captured but, one British Frigate crippled, another torn up a bit and the only reason Decatur surrendered was he was unable to run (damage to the false keel) and hopelessly out-numbered and out-gunned…

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.