Help support TMP

"SCW 15mm armoured trucks" Topic

17 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Spanish Civil War Message Board

Areas of Interest

World War Two on the Land

941 hits since 4 Oct 2017
©1994-2019 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP04 Oct 2017 9:41 a.m. PST

There wil be 4 vehicles out next week. They are already listed on the PP website but not in stock until the weekend. i will put up pictures too. this is to let you know what is coming along in case the news item gets overlooked by anyone who has the hobby news switched off.

thanks

David Manley04 Oct 2017 9:47 a.m. PST

Excellent news! The old SDD ones have been OOP for a while and decent replacements have been sorely needed

martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP04 Oct 2017 1:09 p.m. PST

Well I hope you like them David. i will get pictures up this weekend.

martin

Personal logo Lluis of Minairons Sponsoring Member of TMP04 Oct 2017 1:28 p.m. PST

Martin, please keep me informed about their respective releases! grin

lesbt6508 Oct 2017 12:06 p.m. PST

Great to see these vehicles are now for sale, great to see some more 15mm stuff available.

maciek72 Inactive Member09 Oct 2017 3:20 a.m. PST

Is there any chance to see more SCW figures ?
Some Regulares as well as Legionaries would be nice addition to existing line.

Personal logo Lluis of Minairons Sponsoring Member of TMP09 Oct 2017 10:24 a.m. PST

Finally, Peter Pig has released up to four new 'tiznao' armoured trucks: MTM Nº2, Hispano Suiza 3T6, Constructora Field and Somua-Naval (from left to right).

tiznaos

They're already available on Peter Pig website; besides, I have listed them for pre-order at Minairons site too.

Regards,
Lluís
www.minairons.eu
minairons-news.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/MinaironsMiniatures

lesbt6509 Oct 2017 1:40 p.m. PST

Lluis great to see that you will be stocking these as well.

martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP10 Oct 2017 10:02 a.m. PST

The left hand one is not the MTM no 2. It is the one pictured as anarchist armoured truck. It is similar but this one has the turret further back, different front end, grill etc. might be related though???

i wil try to find the picture URL

martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP10 Oct 2017 10:04 a.m. PST
martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP10 Oct 2017 10:07 a.m. PST

Tiznao Torras 4 ??????

martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP10 Oct 2017 10:09 a.m. PST

There are a couple of new SCW packs on the way but no major slew. I am doing NVA at the present.

Mike O10 Oct 2017 2:59 p.m. PST

The left hand one is not the MTM no 2. It is the one pictured as anarchist armoured truck. It is similar but this one has the turret further back, different front end, grill etc. might be related though???

Sorry, Martin, not exactly sure what you're saying but Lluis has the naming of the vehicles correct from left to right in that photo of the models. Apologies if I misunderstand.

From left to right:

MTM-2

picture

picture

Hispano Suiza 3T6

picture

Constructora Field 2 (low turret, hump back version)

picture

As opposed to the high turret, straight back version!

picture

Somua-Naval

picture

picture

martin goddard Sponsoring Member of TMP11 Oct 2017 7:02 a.m. PST

I should have made it clearer i think

It is not an MTM, but it is a bit like it. It is not aNash but a bit like it. It is not a Vulcano but a bit like it. If you have the FC Albert book check on P95. It is not that either.
I have seen photos of at least 30 different types of armoured trucks. In the SCW it must be understood that most armoured trucks were made in very short runs indeed. Often only a few.

If you do not believe I know what i am talking about then fine. But I have provided a picture too.
In addition the PP 3T6 it is not the 3T6 version you have pictured.

It looks like Luis and i are going to fall out over this matter. But there we are.

Mike O11 Oct 2017 8:04 a.m. PST

Ah, apologies again, Martin; Albert pg 95 bottom photo is what's classified as a Torras 6 and the one in your link, as you suggest, is a Torras 4 on the "Vehiculos y blindados de la Guerra Civil Española" blog and Francisco Marin/ Jose Maria Mata books. Does look a lot like an MTM-2 from some angles though! Great models.

link

Torras 6

picture

Torras 4

picture

All that being said it does seem that there were sometimes variations even within a short factory production run as there were still somewhat "artisanal"

Personal logo Lluis of Minairons Sponsoring Member of TMP22 Nov 2017 6:30 a.m. PST

Persuaded as I was about the discussed model identity as a MTM 2, after reading this I'm a bit confused now.

So should I consider it to be a Torras 4 AFV?

Cacique Caribe Inactive Member11 Dec 2017 4:17 p.m. PST

Is this an actual vehicle or a decoy prop?

Dan

picture

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.