Help support TMP

"Dropfleet Commander base connectors." Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Basing Message Board

Back to the Spaceship Gaming Message Board

738 hits since 2 Oct 2017
©1994-2018 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Mutant Q02 Oct 2017 12:16 p.m. PST

A few weeks ago, I took a chance and I picked up my first set of Dropfleet Commander cruisers to see how they fit together. Overall, I was extremely pleased by the detail and versatility of the kits. However, one thing did catch my attention. Ships come with these rubberized plastic caps that are mounted on the ship allowing one to easily remove the ship from the base. Neat!

Does Hawk Wargames sell these pieces separately? If not, they really out consider doing so. These little caps would be a boon for starship miniature gamers. Indeed, they'd be great for just about any figure that needs mounting on a flight stand.

Neal Smith02 Oct 2017 12:55 p.m. PST

They used to be called "Hawk Widgets" or something like that. Check the website.

Mutant Q02 Oct 2017 2:31 p.m. PST

Found 'em! Thanks, Neal!

Mutant Q02 Oct 2017 6:28 p.m. PST

Blast! All the domestic sources are out of stock.

Allen5702 Oct 2017 8:26 p.m. PST

How do you mount the rubber caps to the ships?

Belisarius03 Oct 2017 8:18 a.m. PST

They are great. I use them for my Firestorm Armada ships.

Mutant Q03 Oct 2017 9:47 a.m. PST


You'd use glue, I imagine. They aren't "rubber" so much as they are translucent bendy plastic.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.