Help support TMP

"Space or Military apes" Topic

15 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 28mm Sci-Fi Message Board

544 hits since 20 Sep 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

JC Lira20 Sep 2017 4:31 p.m. PST

I'm looking to score some evil space apes for an upcoming campaign. They should be armed to the teeth with weapons of 21st century or higher tech. I know Eureka does some. I know Reaper does one such ape. What are my other options?

I'll give Planet of the Apes figures a look if they're beautiful, but they may be too low-tech for my purposes. I do like that PotA includes several different species of apes.

Graycat20 Sep 2017 5:11 p.m. PST

I did some for SJG's 'Uplift' but they don't seem to be available any more. It's a problem with anything licensed. Reaper had some cyborged ones, I think.

VonTed20 Sep 2017 5:49 p.m. PST

Dust has apps for the axis

Personal logo Mardaddy Supporting Member of TMP20 Sep 2017 6:03 p.m. PST

I just KNOW a few years ago there were these heavy-weapon wielding gorillas called Kaman's or something, light blue and white armor… not sure what game system, cannot seem to locate pics on Google.

AT43 "Karman" that's it…

link

JC Lira20 Sep 2017 6:31 p.m. PST

Googling did not reveal a place you could buy Karman AT-43 apes. Are they OOP?

Personal logo Mardaddy Supporting Member of TMP20 Sep 2017 6:43 p.m. PST

link

Also, might want to try eBay or Bartertown or put an ad here in TMP also.

SeattleGamer20 Sep 2017 6:52 p.m. PST

@JC Lira … How many Karmans do you need? I bought a ton of them back in the day, and before I ever got to use them, I ended up chasing a job that took me away from my usual gaming group. So I have a bunch. Would be happy to part with them for reasonable-cheap.

If interested, send me an email at SeattleRed (at) aol (dot) com and we can discuss what you need.

Richard Brooks Sponsoring Member of TMP20 Sep 2017 8:06 p.m. PST

Recreational conflict carries Ainsty Castings armed apes eight different packs includes assault rifles and smgs

Oberlindes Sol LIC Supporting Member of TMP20 Sep 2017 9:44 p.m. PST

Just painting weapons in unusual colors is sometimes enough to make them work for science fiction. You can also glue a piece of thread or fine wire (like from a twist-tie) between the weapon and a backpack or something, and you have power source connected to an energy weapon.

Darkest Star Games Sponsoring Member of TMP21 Sep 2017 7:13 a.m. PST

Check Miniatures Market, they often have old AT43 stuff.

boy wundyr x Supporting Member of TMP21 Sep 2017 7:38 a.m. PST

Old Glory has a bunch of simians in its SuperFigs line, I think some are cyborg'ed up.

pvernon Supporting Member of TMP21 Sep 2017 8:29 a.m. PST

Eurika, also has some boiler-suit apes that may work for you.

M C MonkeyDew21 Sep 2017 10:15 a.m. PST

Love the Karmins. If you get a chance go for it. They also have fighters/speeders that are the dog's…

Bob

haywire Supporting Member of TMP21 Sep 2017 5:33 p.m. PST

Yeah, AT-43 Karmans are OOP, but they can be found on Ebay and Miniature Market typically.

Dust Apes are more apes with a weird power fist type.

Personal logo Bashytubits Supporting Member of TMP21 Sep 2017 7:30 p.m. PST

How about my Interstellar Gorilla Marines?

picture

picture

picture

The figure on the left is a 28mm modern soldier for size comparison.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.