Help support TMP

"Space Dwarfs, Halfling snipers and other things" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

349 hits since 6 Sep 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Insomniac06 Sep 2017 1:49 a.m. PST

Up until Photobucket killed off third party hosting for me, I had a thriving topic (that was all about my slowly developing Space Dwarf army), here:

TMP link

Now that whole topic as a result of nasty placeholders everywhere.

So, now that I have a new hosting site, I thought I'd just put up a few finished squads and see where we go from there. It will tidy things up nicely.

These are all part of an Astra Militarum army:

Command:

picture

First Platoon:

picture

Second Platoon:

picture

1st Armoured Sentinel Sqn:

picture

2nd Armoured Sentinel Sqn:

picture

Priests (Berserkers):

picture

Psykers (Shaman):

picture

Engineseer with Servitors:

picture

Veteran Tyranid Hunters:

picture

Veteran 'Maiden Guard':

picture

More will come int the next post.

Insomniac06 Sep 2017 1:57 a.m. PST

Next I have elements that have been put together as the senior clan, representing the higher echelons of leadership. These Troops are put together using the Space Marine list:

Chapter Master and terminators:

picture

Terminator Captain:

picture

Terminators:

picture

More Terminators:

picture

The Chapter Master is the Hold King, the Captain is master of the Hearthguard and the Terminators represent Exo Armoured Hearthguard.

I have standard hearthguard that count as scouts but I don't have finished units yet so I can't post them yet.

Insomniac06 Sep 2017 2:02 a.m. PST

As part of this project, I have also put together a squad of Halfling Snipers for the Astra Militarum part of the army. These are the first troops that I have sculpted from scratch and had cast:

picture

picture

They are also the first troops in the army to see paint:

picture

I have a number of sets of these Halflings available, if anyone is interested, over here:

link

There will be other stuff turning up in the distant future too… but it won't be going 'mainstream' as it is my hobby, not my job.

Giles the Zog06 Sep 2017 3:53 a.m. PST

Very nice !

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP06 Sep 2017 10:58 a.m. PST

Love the gillie suited halflings!

Insomniac06 Sep 2017 1:53 p.m. PST

Cheers :)

Redroom06 Sep 2017 4:31 p.m. PST

really nice

Palewarrior Supporting Member of TMP07 Sep 2017 10:16 a.m. PST

Brilliant conversions & scratch built minis, just what I love seeing on TMP :)

Insomniac10 Sep 2017 10:49 a.m. PST

Thank you :)

During the development of an army like this, there are often things that are started but don't end up being included because they don't fit with the style. One such little diversion was an alternative Exo Armour design that I came up with. I nicknamed them Wolverines and they started life as a photo-chop of a Tartaros Terminator:

picture

This then developed into a leg sculpt that fitted the torso of the Terminator:

picture

Once the legs had been sculpted, they were sent away for casting:

picture

When the casts came back, I set about putting together a squad of heavy mining suits, with additional close combat weapons:

picture

I was really happy with the way they turned out… but sadly, they just didn't fit in with the existing Exo troopers so I sold them off for charity (Marie Curie).

As you can see… I got a small box of casts and those few that remain can be found over here:

link

I am not planning on getting any more cast because I have other things that I am working on…

… Like these Hearthguards:

picture

Insomniac24 Sep 2017 6:11 p.m. PST

Someone mentioned mini Wookies (Ork 56 over on Frothers) but I didn't want to be a copy-cat so I made something different :) :

picture

Seeing as sales have dried up, it makes sense to do something else with them :)… so I made a counts-as Jokaero.

In other news, I have actually started painting my Squat army… I know… crazy talk :D !

Anyway, here's a rough base-coat on my three Berserkers (count as Ministorum Priests):

picture

Next will be a tidy up, wash and highlight… but I'll be doing that one at a time (so I can see finished progress :) ).

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.