Help support TMP

"Building & Painting Hills" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the What I Did This Week Message Board

Back to the Warhammer Message Board

Back to the Wargaming in the United Kingdom Message Board

Back to the Scratchbuilding Message Board

Back to the Dioramas Message Board

Back to the 6mm Sci-Fi Message Board

Back to the 15mm Sci-Fi Message Board

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

869 hits since 3 Sep 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Skinflint Games03 Sep 2017 2:58 p.m. PST

Followed the advice of The Terrain Tutor, Lukes Aps and 3T studios, and came up with this method for building hills: https://skinflintgames.wordpress.com/2017/09/03/terrain-talk-pt-2-hills

Covert Walrus03 Sep 2017 3:28 p.m. PST

Good stuff! Very helpful as my terrain is lacking at present and am looking to create more.

Marianas Gamer03 Sep 2017 4:53 p.m. PST

Useful, Thanks!
LB

Personal logo PaulCollins Supporting Member of TMP03 Sep 2017 6:18 p.m. PST

Very nice looking!

Wheldrake06 Sep 2017 4:48 a.m. PST

Looks great! I like the way you used bits of rocks and sticks to give you the rock face texture you were looking for. I was about to ask if it was bits of cork, like for a garden fill, but I see it was even more basic than that. Great stuff!

Using materials directly from your own back yard is a great resource for modelling. All my trees are based on sticks from the woods behind my house, and now you've given me some more food for thought regarding stone textures. Thanx!

Tyler32607 Sep 2017 5:00 a.m. PST

I had a chocolate cake that came out looking like that! Maybe I should have used it as a hill. Thanks for the info . great tutorial.

Centurio Prime08 Sep 2017 6:35 a.m. PST

Very nice, I think I will try making some like this!

Skinflint Games12 Sep 2017 4:42 p.m. PST

Awesome, glad to be of help- we're both really looking forward to christening the new board and scenery with the biggest Apocalypse Earth battle yet :-)

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.