Help support TMP

"First Strike and Know No Fear" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Warhammer 40K Message Board

437 hits since 31 Aug 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

M C MonkeyDew01 Sep 2017 1:30 p.m. PST

…are two 4oK starter sets.

What sets them apart, and frankly I am disappointed that it has taken a 28mm plastics manufacturer this long to do so, is that the figures are molded in two different colours; blue for marines, and green for Nurgle.

Let's face it, there will always be some folks who do not want to paint. At least this way there would be fewer grey vs. grey armies duking it out for supremacy.

And even that, grey vs. grey, is far better than bare metal.

alpha3six01 Sep 2017 9:22 p.m. PST

GW used to mold armies in different colors back in the old days – for example, Adeptus Titanicus titans came in red and black plastic. Epic Orks in the Space Marine 2nd edition starter were green while the marines were blue and the Eldar were gray.

M C MonkeyDew02 Sep 2017 7:51 a.m. PST

So they were! That brings back memories. Good to see them resume the practice and I still wish historical figure manufacturers would do the same.

Personal logo The Beast Rampant Supporting Member of TMP03 Sep 2017 6:29 a.m. PST

Actually, there wasn't much consistency in the colors to a particular faction. I have marines and eldar in both blue and green. And my warlord titans were red and dark blue.

And as a kid building models (to play with), I hated how they were almost always molded in the most inappropriate colors!

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.