Help support TMP

"UD-4L Cheyenne Dropship " Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Gallery Message Board

Back to the Warhammer 40K Message Board

578 hits since 27 Aug 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP28 Aug 2017 9:25 p.m. PST

Cool!

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

Main page
tableterror.blogspot.com.ar

Amicalement
Armand

Legion 429 Aug 2017 4:36 a.m. PST

thumbs up

Bob Runnicles Inactive Member29 Aug 2017 5:14 a.m. PST

Just beautiful :)

Darkest Star Games Sponsoring Member of TMP29 Aug 2017 7:00 a.m. PST

See, I've always thought that both the dropship and the APC were horrible designs. But I do love the movie in all of it's campiness.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP29 Aug 2017 10:03 a.m. PST

Glad you like it boys!. (smile)

Amicalement
Armand

Bunkermeister Supporting Member of TMP29 Aug 2017 1:29 p.m. PST

Darkest Star Games is right, the APC is a terrible design. The cross country ability seems very poor, the troops can't fire from inside the vehicle, the weapons have a limited zone of fire, the window does not let you see anything outside except to one corner. I get that it's supposed to be low profile, so having the one turret hang off the back and slide to the top is okay, but the turret in front should pop up and be able to fire 360. There is also no close in shooting, so if the enemy is near, the got you.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
https://bunkermeister.blogspot.com

Bob Runnicles Inactive Member30 Aug 2017 5:21 a.m. PST

I agree regarding the functionality of the APC for sure – looking at the pic above you can see all the points that Bunkermeister mentions. I assume it has cameras all round and motion sensors like the troops have so limited visibility might be something more akin to a tank driver's vision slit maybe?

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.