Help support TMP

"Sharp Practice 2-Danish Prussian War 1864?" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 18th Century Scenarios Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

431 hits since 26 Aug 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Joep123 Supporting Member of TMP27 Aug 2017 8:49 p.m. PST

Hi everyone;
My group has just recently started playing Sharp Practice 2, concentrating on the ACW. First game was a success, game 2 is tomorrow.
Anyway; I've been thinking about other wars to fight and thought that my Union troops could pass as Danes and I have a bunch of unpainted Prussians.
Not sure about an Army Roster…I guess I could use the ACW lists. What do you think?

Joep123 Supporting Member of TMP27 Aug 2017 8:50 p.m. PST

Hi everyone;
My group has just recently started playing Sharp Practice 2, concentrating on the ACW. First game was a success, game 2 is tomorrow.
Anyway; I've been thinking about other wars to fight and thought that my Union troops could pass as Danes and I have a bunch of unpainted Prussians.
Not sure about an Army Roster…I guess I could use the ACW lists. What do you think?

Jcfrog Supporting Member of TMP27 Aug 2017 10:30 p.m. PST

Would have to make mods for Schnellfeur of Dreyse rifles, not sure how.
I think somewhere R Clarke said breechloaders need a different system (was thinking of a "colonial" version).

basileus6628 Aug 2017 2:36 a.m. PST

I asked Rich a similar question (Austro-Prussian War, in my case). He answered that he is working on it, but that he hasn't figured out how to implement the effects of breechloaders yet. He expects to release a module further down the line, but that it won't happen anytime soon. In the meanwhile, I think that we will need to make up our own house rules!

Joep123 Supporting Member of TMP31 Aug 2017 7:03 p.m. PST

Thanks to both of you;
I can put this idea on the back burner for now, as I still have other miniatures-periods-etc…tugging at me.
Our game 2 was a success…8 players, 4 on a side.
ACW, a Gettysburg-like scenario.
Joep

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.