Help support TMP

"Lil Kim Can't Shoot Worth A Guam" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ultramodern Warfare (2006-present) Message Board

738 hits since 24 Aug 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP25 Aug 2017 2:53 p.m. PST

Just heard the little guy fired another rocket. And, once again, it didn't go very far.

link

Is he simply trying to prove to the whole world that he can't get anywhere near Guam, as he threatened he would do a week or two ago? I imagine this is just to save face after being told to sit in the corner or get pow pow.

Dan
PS. Seriously though, I'm more concerned about the nukes, dirty bombs or nerve gas he'll try to deliver in other ways. Or if Beijing tries to defend Lil Kim's regime with its own nukes. After all, it looks like China is running out of puppets from that family.

picture

picture

picture

picture

foxweasel Supporting Member of TMP25 Aug 2017 3:26 p.m. PST

I think China knows which side it's bread is buttered on mate. Personally, I think North Korea's time is numbered, and nobody is going to help them. For all his posturing, it will be a re-run of 91 when we smashed the granny out of another 3rd world dictator who based his power on fear and outdated kit.

Lion in the Stars25 Aug 2017 5:59 p.m. PST

Yeah, even the Chinese are getting tired of the crap he's pulling.

Because seriously, launching a missile at the US (ie, Guam) is a good way to get stonked into a glass parking lot.

Launching a missile at a US ally is not likely to go any better, since I'm pretty sure that both Korea and Japan have a clause in their treaties that says an attack on one is an attack on all.

Also, the UN resolutions authorizing the use of force in Korea have never been repealed (UNSC Res 82, 83, 84, 85, and 90), so the US can simply state that it is acting in accordance with UN resolutions.

Personal logo Cyrus the Great Supporting Member of TMP25 Aug 2017 8:50 p.m. PST

The barking of toothless dogs!

VVV reply26 Aug 2017 12:46 a.m. PST

And as wargamers know launching a missile at someone is a daft thing to do. Then the whole world knows what you have done.
Best thing is to sail your nuke to its target. Slower but unlimited range and anonymous.

mildbill26 Aug 2017 11:38 a.m. PST

A nuke is not anonymous. Each reactor has its own "fingerprint" so a detonation tells were the material for the bomb came from.

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP26 Aug 2017 2:47 p.m. PST

Mildbill,

I'm told that refined crude oil and even bio-warfare agents can be tracked to their source based on their own unique "fingerprint" characteristics. If that's the case, then there are lots of people not asking the right questions.

Dan

Personal logo jdginaz Supporting Member of TMP26 Aug 2017 5:26 p.m. PST

China isn't going to risk economic disaster to save North Korea.

The threat from dirty bombs is highly exaggerated. I you go big with the explosion to spread out the fallout you end up spreading it to the point that it is little more than natural background radiation, if you go small it only effects a small area and is relatively easy to clean up. Also radioactive material doesn't stay suspended it the air very long t be spread out by the wind.

VVV reply27 Aug 2017 4:49 a.m. PST

"China isn't going to risk economic disaster to save North Korea."
There is a saying in China, Korea and China are as close as lips and teeth. China is going to have a lot of interest in what is happening to its neighbours.

VVV reply27 Aug 2017 4:49 a.m. PST

"China isn't going to risk economic disaster to save North Korea."
There is a saying in China, Korea and China are as close as lips and teeth. China is going to have a lot of interest in what is happening to its neighbours.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.