Help support TMP

"When Tolkien and Police Mix. " Topic

13 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 28mm Sci-Fi Message Board

975 hits since 18 Aug 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

MiniatureReview19 Aug 2017 4:27 p.m. PST

I saw this picture of a bunch of police in Boston and I could swear there is a bearded Dwarf in their midst. As far as I know the picture wasn't photoshopped, but it sure looks like it was.

picture

Could be the start of a new 28mm range.

Ivan DBA19 Aug 2017 5:54 p.m. PST

I like the guy on the right: "Hey, how come I don't have a stick?"

Personal logo Cyrus the Great Supporting Member of TMP19 Aug 2017 6:09 p.m. PST

Actually it's Warhammer Fantasy. They are clubbas and a cuffa.

LostPict Supporting Member of TMP19 Aug 2017 7:13 p.m. PST

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work we go…..

War Monkey19 Aug 2017 7:30 p.m. PST

Anyone notice all the white guys are carrying white sticks and the black guy is caring a black one?!

WOW! huh?

ZULUPAUL Supporting Member of TMP20 Aug 2017 3:16 a.m. PST

Not a dwarf, he would have an axe

JSears20 Aug 2017 5:43 a.m. PST

Probably a gnome illusionist then.

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP20 Aug 2017 7:29 a.m. PST

A surviving Squat, trying to blend in and evade the Games Workshop assassins.

MiniatureReview20 Aug 2017 4:05 p.m. PST

It's a wacky picture all around. You would think the riot gear would be uniform, but it doesn't appear to be. Some helmets have numbers others don't. Some of the vests say police, Boston police, some are missing any mention of police. Sort of weird.

Twoball Cane20 Aug 2017 7:20 p.m. PST

The dwarf in the beard….I'm sure he's drunk?

Dn Jackson20 Aug 2017 7:28 p.m. PST

"You would think the riot gear would be uniform, but it doesn't appear to be. Some helmets have numbers others don't. Some of the vests say police, Boston police, some are missing any mention of police."

Not surprising really. Gear could have been bought over several years and so stuff changes, gets discontinued, etc. It's also possible that we're seeing officers from different departments, (police, transit, college, etc.), in which case they each bought what they think they need.

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP21 Aug 2017 8:24 a.m. PST

I've seen more variety than that in line units--real ones, of course: the miniatures tend to be more uniform. But my first thought is that it wasn't a real unit: they called a bunch of people--some of them maybe auxiliaries--who had passed the "crowd control" course and were otherwise available, and told them when and where to report. The chest protection was bought in two batches, and they didn't throw out the ones marked "BOSTON POLICE" just because the second batch only said "POLICE."

You should see what surfaces when the Quartermaster is really up against it.

Lion in the Stars21 Aug 2017 8:45 p.m. PST

You should see what surfaces when the Quartermaster is really up against it.

"According to the flight logs, the last time this Huey flew was in 1988!"

"According to the maintenance logs, she's good to go!"

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.