Help support TMP

"My Japanese Village Hits the Deck" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Classical Asian Warfare Message Board

610 hits since 15 Aug 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

tigrifsgt16 Aug 2017 10:12 a.m. PST

We are having new siding put on the house And the vibrations are shaking the walls. We took down all pictures so they wouldn't fall. I went down the basement to find my Sohei village table had tipped over. Thirteen scratch built buildings, open weave fencing, about 40 mounted and 200 foot figures all piled up on the floor. The damage to the buildings was minimal. Some of the figures weapons came off. It was to represent the last stand of the Warrior Monks. It was all done except the landscaping. This was a multi-year project laying at my feet. It's a sad day at the TIG household.

tigrifsgt16 Aug 2017 10:12 a.m. PST

We are having new siding put on the house And the vibrations are shaking the walls. We took down all pictures so they wouldn't fall. I went down the basement to find my Sohei village table had tipped over. Thirteen scratch built buildings, open weave fencing, about 40 mounted and 200 foot figures all piled up on the floor. The damage to the buildings was minimal. Some of the figures weapons came off. It was to represent the last stand of the Warrior Monks. It was all done except the landscaping. This was a multi-year project laying at my feet. It's a sad day at the TIG household.

Hussar123 Inactive Member16 Aug 2017 11:04 a.m. PST

Very sad day! I feel your pain.

Lascaris16 Aug 2017 12:09 p.m. PST

Ugh but at least it sounds like the damage was minimal. Hopefully it all turns out ok.

Personal logo optional field Supporting Member of TMP16 Aug 2017 3:19 p.m. PST

Himmel… :-(

Personal logo Lost Wolf Supporting Member of TMP17 Aug 2017 4:34 p.m. PST

Oh my…

bracken Supporting Member of TMP30 Aug 2017 9:06 p.m. PST

TIG
I'm lost for words, I dropped a union 6 horse gun and limber a while back and I was mortified. Compared to this my accident was nothing but I still feel your pain. Hope all can be fixed or repaired.

tigrifsgt31 Aug 2017 4:26 p.m. PST

I've got it all layed out on two small tables. At least now I can do all the landscaping without anything in my way. One small but positive note. TIG

bracken Supporting Member of TMP01 Sep 2017 9:49 a.m. PST

Positive thinking goes a long way! And sounds like you've got the right idea. Good on you TIG

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.