Help support TMP

"Why Games Workshop is Being Sued for 62.5 Million?" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Warhammer 40K Message Board

1,399 hits since 9 Aug 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Wolfhag Supporting Member of TMP10 Aug 2017 5:34 p.m. PST

I came across this. Anyone know more about it?

YouTube link

Wolfhag

alpha3six10 Aug 2017 5:57 p.m. PST

I read the complaint and it's a bit of legal comedy that shows that just about anybody can graduate law school.

Imagine if the most rabid looney GW antifan in existence (armed with a law degree) decided to sue GW pro-se without an attorney.

I can't believe people are actually taking it seriously.

Syrinx010 Aug 2017 6:17 p.m. PST

Another thread on this already

TMP link

Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP10 Aug 2017 7:05 p.m. PST

Why, for tortious interference, of course!

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP10 Aug 2017 7:19 p.m. PST

Leave tortoises out of this; they don't bother anybody.

gamershs10 Aug 2017 8:51 p.m. PST

Cut out the first link after about 10 minutes when the blogger was covering the cost of the miniatures and what they were selling for. That GW may be making a large profit has nothing to do with if they had done a tort (wronged someone legally).

Dwarfs, Orks, elves etc. are in the public domain. The rules written how to use them, the sculpted figures of them and the story line used to flesh them out are copyrighted.

I suspect that this is a nuisance suit that the person who brought it hopes to be bought out rather then going to court and fighting it.

Centurio Prime11 Aug 2017 3:11 a.m. PST

It's a joke. Is this Mithmee's FLGS owner filing this? Did he consult Mithmee for legal advice?

Bob Runnicles Inactive Member11 Aug 2017 6:42 a.m. PST

Centurio Prime that was my thought too lol.

Personal logo Miniatureships Sponsoring Member of TMP11 Aug 2017 6:49 a.m. PST

I look at it as if the store owner has no idea of what is happening in retail these days. Basically, what he has describe is what is happening in all of retail, more and more manufacturers are offering the best sellers in their line as direct sales only rather than having to reduce them down and sell to distributors that then sell to stores or wholesalers.

rmaker11 Aug 2017 4:19 p.m. PST

Leave tortoises out of this; they don't bother anybody.

Not if you believe Terry Pratchett's "Small Gods".

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.