Help support TMP

"HMS Agamemnon up on the blog" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Naval Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the Age of Sail Message Board

409 hits since 29 Jul 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

BrianW29 Jul 2017 1:24 a.m. PST

Well I cut it close, but did manage to get one blog post in this month. The HMS Agamemnon is up on the blog. Who knew that summer would be a distraction to painting, photographing and blogging? Please check it out at: https://mymodelsailingships.com

BWW

John Armatys29 Jul 2017 2:54 a.m. PST

I keep getting:
This page can't be displayed
•Make sure the web address https://mymodelsailingships.com is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.

warwell Supporting Member of TMP29 Jul 2017 3:08 a.m. PST
KniazSuvorov29 Jul 2017 6:04 a.m. PST

We all have those days. I remember a particular incident, thinking I was pulling a stray thread off a nearly-completed model… Only to discover it was still attached. The tug pulled the model into a freshly-squeezed blob of paint. Yuck.

After an emergency cleaning, I compounded that problem by trying to sever the troublemaking thread with an exacto knife (it was in an awkward spot, so I couldn't get the snips in), while still angry. That careless cut severed the stray thread… And a bunch of stays in addition. All this after the running rigging was already finished!

Needless to say, that particular boat took longer than expected.

BrianW29 Jul 2017 11:06 a.m. PST

Ouch, sorry. The link from warwell is the correct one, and that's what I get for typing links at 3:25 AM. It should indeed be: link

BrianW29 Jul 2017 11:13 a.m. PST

Prince Suvorov,
Oh, while I haven't done that, I can imagine from my own experiences what sort of ugly language it caused. As for the snips, many years ago my wife got me a pair of what are called "bow spring scissors" ( link ) and to be honest, I don't think I could now work without them. They are excellent for getting into tight places like that. Here's a picture:

picture

BWW

ModelJShip Supporting Member of TMP30 Jul 2017 8:11 a.m. PST

Well done man!

Sometime, we have all despaired with the threads…

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.