Help support TMP

"INITIAL REPORT FROM THE WEEKEND" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Wargaming in the USA Message Board

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Back to the Historical Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Ancients Discussion Message Board

Back to the ACW Discussion Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the 18th Century ImagiNations Message Board

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

1,178 hits since 25 Jun 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Ottoathome26 Jun 2017 12:11 p.m. PST

"The Weekend" is over and it was a great success. I will post a more fulsome one after my glorious resurrection but we had more people attending this year, more games, and more excellent events than ever, the best of which was the "Art De La Guerre" tournament put on by Walt Leach. Everyone had fun, and we were able to cover our expenses quite well.

The convention was a personal success for me because during the five days we put it on I gave six "guided tours" of the event to people who had never known about war games till they saw the lobby sign and displays we put in the hotel and two of the "uninitiated" seeing the game resulted in them actually sitting down and playing some of the games and going away from the table quite enthusiastic and with eager interest about learning more and getting into gaming.

We always try and draw the innocent who are staying at a hotel for a vacation or on a trip into the hobby and take great pains to make sure they leave with several of our publications such as "All About War Games" The Convention After Action reports and newsletters of our Society of Daisy, and of course, one of our convention booklets telling them how to keep in contact and get news of next years event.

One of the persons who played, sort of was a eight year old girl who fell in love with the Horse Guard of Princess Trixie of Saxe Burlap und Schleswig Beerstein in its pink and white glory.

It was wonderful event.

Ember52 Supporting Member of TMP26 Jun 2017 4:11 p.m. PST

Otto,

Glad to hear your "expanded" Weekend went so well. We all eagerly await your more "fulsome" report when you get a chance to catch your breath.

Congrats!!
Scott

thor52126 Jun 2017 5:03 p.m. PST

Otto

Thanks for hosting our ADLG TEAM TOURNAMENT. All the guys were impressed with the facility and many are already asking about when it will be held next year I for one am really happy you covered your expenses as I know you and your wife already out a lot of time and effort into it.
Walt

Personal logo Murphy Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Jun 2017 6:00 p.m. PST

Sounds good all the way around!

Would love to see some photos of it!

ViscountEric27 Jun 2017 6:22 a.m. PST

A few pics, although nothing spectacular. link

Nice to see there were two eight year old ladies at The Weekend, although mine was happier shooting at pirates *pew pew*

Legion 427 Jun 2017 6:23 a.m. PST

Sounds like all had a blast !

Personal logo Bowman Supporting Member of TMP27 Jun 2017 6:52 a.m. PST

Nice to see there were two eight year old ladies at The Weekend, although mine was happier shooting at pirates *pew pew*

I was going to ask how the Pirate game went.

TheKing30 Supporting Member of TMP27 Jun 2017 9:54 a.m. PST

I was going to ask how the Pirate game went.

Bowman, that little girl was on FIRE! Her dice rolling couldn't have been any better. Heck, she was so good that later on we asked if she could roll the dice for us!!

Personal logo Bowman Supporting Member of TMP27 Jun 2017 2:20 p.m. PST

Never go head to head against an eight year old if die rolling is involved. You know that! wink

The game looked really nice.

Lion in the Stars27 Jun 2017 3:12 p.m. PST

Congrats on getting some newcomers interested, Otto!

Personal logo Colonel Bill Supporting Member of TMP27 Jun 2017 5:30 p.m. PST

See my post this Message Board for article on THE WEEKEND for wargamer.com. There is a link at article's end to an album with lotsa pictures, my game and more.

Ciao, Colonel Bill

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.