Help support TMP

"Italian Wars 1494- 1559" Topic

17 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Renaissance Discussion Message Board

Back to the Plastic Figures Message Board

957 hits since 16 Jun 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP16 Jun 2017 9:42 p.m. PST

From Warlord in 28mm…

picture

Main page
link

Amicalement
Armand

Puster Supporting Member of TMP16 Jun 2017 11:30 p.m. PST

Do I miss something, or is that just a link to their webpage?

Personal logo Cyrus the Great Supporting Member of TMP16 Jun 2017 11:55 p.m. PST

@Puster,
No, you got it right. A certain percentage of Tango01 posts do this.

Hafen von Schlockenberg Supporting Member of TMP17 Jun 2017 7:03 a.m. PST

Is that an error, or a goal?

Condottiere17 Jun 2017 7:09 a.m. PST

An email from Warlord games yesterday announced "The Wait is nearly over" for the plastic landsknechts. However, I did not find an announcement on their website. Good news either way.

Renaud S17 Jun 2017 11:07 a.m. PST

Can this former Plo Gloria line really match (with simple conversion if necessary) the whole span of the Italian wars? I am no expert of the period, but I wonder the elaborate trousers and the broad hats could be found before 1525?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP17 Jun 2017 11:25 a.m. PST

My friends… I put what I have at hand…

The page were I pick up this said: " Warlord Games will be releasing those plastic landsknech soon…"

No more…

So, I'm in darkness like you….

The only data is the pic of the box as I have shown here…

We have to wait…

Amicalement
Armand

Scharnachthal17 Jun 2017 3:00 p.m. PST

Can this former Plo Gloria line really match (with simple conversion if necessary) the whole span of the Italian wars? I am no expert of the period, but I wonder the elaborate trousers and the broad hats could be found before 1525?

In my opinion, these Warlord figures work best for the heyday of the landsknecht era, i.e. c.1515-1535.

Earlier landsknecht costume was not quite as elaborate though the typical landsknecht look clearly was about to develop. Check out e.g. the Dolstein pictures (c.1500):

link

Later landsknecht dress included new features such as Pluderhosen or higher conical hats as depicted e.g. by Jost Amman:

link

Phillius Supporting Member of TMP17 Jun 2017 4:04 p.m. PST

What Scharnachthal says.

Condottiere17 Jun 2017 6:20 p.m. PST

Here's an earlier thread (from 2014) on these figures--note Daniel S comments about lack of historical accuracy:

TMP link

Personal logo Cyrus the Great Supporting Member of TMP17 Jun 2017 7:52 p.m. PST

Here's how it should have been done, though I can't say he visited this website or not.
Link to the actual website where he learned the news. Scroll half way down.

wargameterrain.blogspot.com

Puster Supporting Member of TMP19 Jun 2017 4:20 a.m. PST

On the WG site I did not even get the box image, so I naturally wondered, as there is also no written reference to the release of the plastic landsknechts.

What was said three years ago is still valid – though I hope when they put in options for 10 men per sprue that they use the boring but roughly realistic stuff, instead of the "cool" but useless (apart from fantasy) bits.

Malatesta150023 Jun 2017 11:23 a.m. PST

picture

Puster Supporting Member of TMP23 Jun 2017 2:35 p.m. PST

Thanks for that, Malatesta.

I wonder what happened to the lost guy when they say "30 pikemen or 24 pikemen and 5 arquebusiers"

Griefbringer24 Jun 2017 1:32 a.m. PST

I wonder what happened to the lost guy when they say "30 pikemen or 24 pikemen and 5 arquebusiers"

My assumption would be a slight maths failure…

Puster Supporting Member of TMP24 Jun 2017 5:39 a.m. PST

One would think that SOMEBODY between those doing the design and those printing it would actually read it and have sufficient base knowledge to realize that 24+5!=30…

On the other hand – I teach math, and there are students out there… recently I asked a girl what 100 divided by 100 is (in the context of a slightly larger task), and she used the calculator…

Enough wisecracking for today. I am looking forward to that set. The backside looks better then the closeups, though some of the more weired helmets seems to have made it. I also assume that the leveled pike are no longer on the frame, but if that means more bodies then I will not complain. Upright is where I need bulk…

Griefbringer24 Jun 2017 6:25 a.m. PST

but if that means more bodies then

Considering the details provided, I am hazarding a guess that the "grunt sprue" of this set is likely to contain 6 bodies, 6 sets of pike arms, 1 set of arquebusier arms and an unknown number of heads.

Actual sprue pictures will of course provide more information when they become available – I am particularly curious as to what the command sprue will contain.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.