Help support TMP

"Missing Check Boxes Problem" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the TMP Poll Suggestions Message Board

Back to the TMP Bugs and Features Message Board

Back to the TMP Talk Message Board

558 hits since 16 Jun 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian16 Jun 2017 11:19 a.m. PST

Some of you are experiencing a problem where all of the check boxes disappear from TMP. For example, the check boxes are missing in a multiple choice poll, or on the forums search page.

All reported cases involve Firefox users, but not all Firefox users are having this problem (for instance, I cannot replicate this bug using Firebox).

I wish I had better news for you, but as of now, the only solution is to change to a different browser (i.e., Chrome).

If anyone has any suggestions on what I can try to fix this problem, I am all ears. However, there is nothing complicated about the HTML or the CSS on these pages.

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian16 Jun 2017 12:00 p.m. PST

One other thing: Are the boxes truly missing, or are they just invisible but you can still click on them?

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian16 Jun 2017 12:24 p.m. PST

Has anyone tried updating/reinstalling Firefox to see if the problem goes away?

MajorB17 Jun 2017 8:16 a.m. PST

Are the boxes truly missing, or are they just invisible but you can still click on them?

Yes, the boxes are truly missing. You can't click on them.

Has anyone tried updating/reinstalling Firefox to see if the problem goes away?

Running the latest version of FF. (v54.0). Maybe that's the problem …

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian17 Jun 2017 6:10 p.m. PST

I'm using 53.0.3 (32-bit) with no problem, will upgrade and see what happens…

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian17 Jun 2017 6:13 p.m. PST

Yay, now my check boxes are missing too!

So this appears to be a Firefox v54.0 (32-bit) problem on Windows. Hmmm…

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian17 Jun 2017 6:17 p.m. PST

I think this means they know about the bug and are working on it: link

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian17 Jun 2017 6:37 p.m. PST

The checkboxes are actually there – if you click in the right spot, they appear as dotted lines, but cannot be checked or unchecked.

It is not a CSS problem – or, at least, turning off all of the style rules does not fix the problem.

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian17 Jun 2017 8:59 p.m. PST

OK, the good news: I have figured out a work-around for this problem. The check boxes for polls now work.

The bad news: All other check boxes are now broken, FOR EVERYONE, because I have to implement this for each section of TMP individually.

I will finish that work sometime on Monday.

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian19 Jun 2017 2:57 p.m. PST

All check boxes and radio boxes are now working, to the best of my knowledge.

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian19 Jun 2017 7:59 p.m. PST

OK, I'm finding some are still missing/broken. Not sure why yet.

Will work on the log-in bug after this one is closed.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.