Help support TMP


"God of War" Topic


5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.


Back to the Classical Asian Warfare Message Board


Action Log

04 Jun 2017 6:45 p.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

  • Removed from Historical Media board
  • Crossposted to Classical Asian Warfare board


507 hits since 3 Jun 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

jedburgh04 Jun 2017 5:23 p.m. PST

God of War is a new Chinese epic – Japanese pirates raiding the Chinese coast.

YouTube link

Personal logo Bowman Supporting Member of TMP06 Jun 2017 8:04 a.m. PST

I like these films, even if they do seem to be a bit propagandist and jingoist. One has to question if the Wokou (pirates) had the wherewithal to conduct elaborate sieges, like shown in the preview. I thought they just did hit and run attacks.

Also, about 70% of all Wokou were ethnic Chinese with the other 30% being Japanese and Korean. But Japanese make better baddies.

ricepot Inactive Member06 Jun 2017 4:09 p.m. PST

Like the movie. Unlike some other Chinese movies which are made "Rambo" style. Really like the efforts on the Ming uniforms too. Been reading up the history too and not too far off there either.

Still waiting for Perry Ming :-|

ricepot Inactive Member06 Jun 2017 4:15 p.m. PST

Trying very hard to avoid going into 1/72.
But these if they are released is just too tempting.

picture

link

Personal logo Bowman Supporting Member of TMP08 Jun 2017 7:54 a.m. PST

Trying very hard to avoid going into 1/72.

Me too as I have too many 28mm Samurai and Koreans. But nice figures nonetheless.

Still waiting for Perry Ming

"Clibinarium" on LAF is assembling some Ming figures for release. But last entries were from 2016.

link

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.