Help support TMP

"WWII Ballistics: Armor and Gunnery" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

536 hits since 16 Apr 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Wolfhag Supporting Member of TMP16 Apr 2017 11:28 p.m. PST

I know some people had been looking for this. It's been very useful in developing a gunnery system that matches up pretty good to historical performance: link

Wolfhag

Mobius17 Apr 2017 6:39 a.m. PST

That's great that there's a PDF of it. Robert Livingston is going to make a PDF version himself. I guess this will save him a lot of work unless he is going to make some changes.

It does need some corrections:

picture

Joes Shop Supporting Member of TMP17 Apr 2017 8:07 a.m. PST

This is a great reference, but, is this legal? Someone simply uploads this to Scribd; is this (normally) with the author's permission?

I'm asking since I wasn't familiar with this site until I clicked on the link above.

Mobius17 Apr 2017 8:56 a.m. PST

I've seen works removed. So the authors have to react. But, it does look like it's open season on even copyrighted material.

Joes Shop Supporting Member of TMP17 Apr 2017 9:45 a.m. PST

Mobius: understood.

Hornswoggler17 Apr 2017 9:03 p.m. PST

I've never been too convinced about this work. It certainly contains some useful data but a lot of the interpretation of that data has been subject to plenty of revision and criticism.

My own copy came with at least 10 loose separate pages of addenda and errata, and the changes just continued to flow across several internet forums over a period of 2-3 years. Eventually I just gave up trying to keep track of the alterations and evolving theories.

Joes Shop Supporting Member of TMP18 Apr 2017 5:38 a.m. PST

"My own copy came with at least 10 loose separate pages of addenda and errata,…"

As did mine and I agree with your assessment but I am not aware of any other similar published work on the topic – ?

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.