Help support TMP

"400 point 'Defence Line' - Battlegroup Tobruk " Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

835 hits since 8 Apr 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

PiersBrand08 Apr 2017 6:08 p.m. PST

British armoured forces push into an Italian held village and suffer a disastrous ambush at the outset, losing several tanks to accurate direct artillery fire. However under cover of the rising dust the British managed to outflank the village and knocking out one gun positions after another made some progress…

But it wasn't enough, and as losses mounted and units became pinned down, the attack broke up and was finally forced to retire. But a very close game, with both armies close to breaking point at the end.

PiersBrand08 Apr 2017 6:08 p.m. PST

British armoured forces push into an Italian held village and suffer a disastrous ambush at the outset, losing several tanks to accurate direct artillery fire. However under cover of the rising dust the British managed to outflank the village and knocking out one gun positions after another made some progress…

But it wasn't enough, and as losses mounted and units became pinned down, the attack broke up and was finally forced to retire. But a very close game, with both armies close to breaking point at the end.

leobarron2000 Supporting Member of TMP08 Apr 2017 7:05 p.m. PST

Great looking game!

Joes Shop Supporting Member of TMP09 Apr 2017 8:11 a.m. PST

Agreed!

Marc the plastics fan Inactive Member09 Apr 2017 9:19 a.m. PST

Get thee behind me oh son of Satan

I am resisting while I continue painting Russians and Germans

But I have enjoyed browsing the book so will get to the desert soon enough. Your mat looks very effective

basileus6610 Apr 2017 6:15 a.m. PST

Bought the rules and the Blitzkrieg supplement yesterday. I knew them from the Battlegroup Normandy, that published Warhammer Historical, so I knew what I was buying.

Great report, Piers.

By the way, platoon command squads, how many points are they worth? I can't find it (which given my clumsiness is not that strange)

PiersBrand10 Apr 2017 6:29 a.m. PST

The platoon command squad comes as part of the Infantry Platoon. Its not a separate 'purchase'.

Hope that helps.

alphus9910 Apr 2017 2:02 p.m. PST

What scale and make are those figs Piers? They look great!

PiersBrand10 Apr 2017 4:19 p.m. PST

British are mainly Wartime and the Italians are Kellys Heroes with Britannia gun crews.

Neither are my armies, but the work of two of my hard pressed playtest team. :)

alphus9912 Apr 2017 1:56 a.m. PST

Field Marshal21 Apr 2017 5:01 p.m. PST

What scale is the game? Is it skirmish or company sized or bigger?

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.