Help support TMP

"The Man of Forlorn Hope" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the American Revolution Message Board

525 hits since 1 Apr 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo StoneMtnMinis Supporting Member of TMP01 Apr 2017 7:10 a.m. PST
Winston Smith Supporting Member of TMP01 Apr 2017 7:18 a.m. PST

So, his battle cry was "YOLO!"?

Hafen von Schlockenberg Supporting Member of TMP01 Apr 2017 7:32 a.m. PST

Waddya know--I beat Breitbart:

TMP link

And NPR beat'em too--by a year. Who'da thunk?

Personal logo StoneMtnMinis Supporting Member of TMP01 Apr 2017 10:48 a.m. PST

Note the author of the article was the author of the book. So it is not really an announcement of a newly published work, just an exerpt.

Hafen von Schlockenberg Supporting Member of TMP01 Apr 2017 11:00 a.m. PST

Hmm, I wonder about him then,if he really wrote that fifth paragraph--"This unique book" etc. Seems an odd stance for a writer.

Personal logo StoneMtnMinis Supporting Member of TMP01 Apr 2017 11:41 a.m. PST

It's a poor author who doesn't pump his book at every opportunity. So, not really sure what your on about.

Hafen von Schlockenberg Supporting Member of TMP01 Apr 2017 12:27 p.m. PST

"The story of Seward and the other Marylanders is captured in the best-selling book 'Washington's Immortals',recently released in paperback. This unique book is the first Band of Brothers treatment of the American Revolution,detailing the most important elements of nearly every significant battle of the War of Independence".

That.

It reads like (and may well be) a publisher's blurb,rather than a statement from the author.

YMMV.

42flanker02 Apr 2017 3:59 a.m. PST

"No such thing as bad publicity"

A year or so ago, Don Troiani completed a painting of Captain Samuel Smith with the surviving men of his company, at the edge of the Gowanus mill pond- (rather than the creek) No sign of the 'slab' some used to support themselves, as I recall, but a good study of the Vechte-Cortelyou house in its heyday (and on the correct site).

link

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.