Help support TMP

"DBA - HYW English" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Medieval Gallery Message Board

585 hits since 4 Mar 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Anthropicus04 Mar 2017 11:14 a.m. PST

Here's something I put together a little while ago but never got around to posting. A few photos and comments here.

link

Personal logo vtsaogames Supporting Member of TMP04 Mar 2017 2:02 p.m. PST

Nice painting. What company's figures?

Tony S04 Mar 2017 4:39 p.m. PST

I've played against this wonderfully well painted army, and let me say they fight as well as they are painted! However, if memory serves, I think Anthropicus failed to mention that he actually added thread for the bowstrings. In 15mm no less.

(Corvus Belli figures, if I may jump in).

Personal logo miniMo Supporting Member of TMP04 Mar 2017 6:41 p.m. PST

Very nice. The Black Prince's army is the cornerstone of my HYW DBA collection too.

Anthropicus04 Mar 2017 8:27 p.m. PST

Thanks for the kind words all!

It's actually the arrows that I added. I thought about string, but it's really hard to make it look properly taut and more like a bowstring than a hauling line. Stabbed my fingers more times than I'd like to admit in the process.

goragrad04 Mar 2017 9:07 p.m. PST

Very nice!!

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP05 Mar 2017 6:49 a.m. PST

A nice looking army.

Personal logo rampantlion Supporting Member of TMP05 Mar 2017 9:48 a.m. PST

Great looking army!

GurKhan06 Mar 2017 2:59 a.m. PST

I thought about string, but it's really hard to make it look properly taut and more like a bowstring than a hauling line.

I used to string 15mm bows with 5-amp fuse wire – reasonably easy to pull taut. But I no longer think it's worth the fuss.

Anthropicus08 Mar 2017 8:13 p.m. PST

Ooh, good idea to use fuse wire. I might try that for larger scale figures.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.