Help support TMP

"Triumph of Death: Skeleton Landsknecht Pike " Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Renaissance Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Fantasy Gallery Message Board

Back to the Zombies Message Board

Back to the Medieval Gallery Message Board

Back to the Renaissance Gallery Message Board

892 hits since 3 Mar 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Skull and Crown Sponsoring Member of TMP03 Mar 2017 11:05 p.m. PST

While working on the upcoming kickstarter, I started playing around with what other unit options could look like, and I converted a couple of javelin models into pike.

picture

Really happy with the outcome, to the point where I'm having the javelin model remastered to be open handed instead. The hat is from an old plastic Mordheim set.
picture

picture

What do you think?
Thanks for looking
Ths
skullandcrown.blogspot.com

ZULUPAUL Supporting Member of TMP04 Mar 2017 2:36 a.m. PST

Like 'em!

robert piepenbrink Supporting Member of TMP04 Mar 2017 6:47 a.m. PST

I see the fantasy version of "Pikeman's Lament" taking shape.

Personal logo Skull and Crown Sponsoring Member of TMP04 Mar 2017 9:55 a.m. PST

Robert- It was the on the same day that my Pikeman's lament came in that I made these. Thinking on the Mercenary force that "must" complete it's contract. Love that that idea came through.
Cheers
Ths

Personal logo Cyrus the Great Supporting Member of TMP04 Mar 2017 10:46 a.m. PST

Very nice, I have more than a few of those hats!

evilgong04 Mar 2017 4:12 p.m. PST

Is the red hat a separate part?

David F Brown

Personal logo Skull and Crown Sponsoring Member of TMP04 Mar 2017 6:31 p.m. PST

evilgong, Yes, the hat was from a "Mordheim" plastic sprue from Games Workshop. Like I said on my blog, it's a bit biggish as it was made for a model what had hair, and, well- skin. My idea behind the conversion was to prove viability, and the hat to add a bit of color.

I'm talks with my sculptor on would it be best to do variations of the models (doing spare heads is too fiddly) or just make a sprue of properly sized/fitted caps and hats that you can glue on.

Cheers
Ths

Personal logo Cyrus the Great Supporting Member of TMP08 Mar 2017 11:24 a.m. PST

just make a sprue of properly sized/fitted caps and hats that you can glue on.

YES!!!!

Personal logo Skull and Crown Sponsoring Member of TMP08 Mar 2017 9:36 p.m. PST

Cyrus- thanks for the feedback.Yep that is the plan. The models aren't made for easy head swapping but the hats will work just fine, and give some color to the unit.

Cheers
Ths

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.