Help support TMP

"Zenobia, Boudicca, cataphracts, chariots..." Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Figure Finder Message Board

Back to the Ancients Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the Ancients Product Reviews Message Board

1,225 hits since 12 Feb 2017
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

JAFD2612 Feb 2017 11:13 a.m. PST

Salutations, gentlefolk !

Would like to acquire in the near future (pick up at Cold Wars if possible):

15mm figures of Queens Zenobia and Boudicca, suitable for 'command stands'. Also interested in learning of other 'personality figures'.

The troops for a Palmyran army for DBA / Triumph / LAdlG 100 pt. Recommendations for the best cataphracts, archers, etc are earnestly sought.

Chariots for Ancient Brits, Scots-Irish, Picts, etc (Will first be filling OOB of Outpost Picts, on from there in '18…)

Thanks very much for your help with these.

altfritz12 Feb 2017 12:24 p.m. PST

Have you tried Splintered Light Miniatures?

Personal logo Swampster Supporting Member of TMP12 Feb 2017 1:37 p.m. PST

link is now out-of-date but most of the listed figures are still available including the Donnington and Irregular Zenobia figures.
The Corvus Belli Boudicca is due to be re-released now that the range is to be made under licence.
Forged in Battle have made a Boudicca but only as a Kickstarter backer benefit. They do make the various chariots you are looking for. They do not have a specific Palmyran range and the bags might be a bit big for DBA etc. However if that is not a problem you could find just about all you need from them.

athun25 Supporting Member of TMP12 Feb 2017 1:43 p.m. PST

I thought Irregular Miniatures did a Zenobia on camel figure in 15mm.

Personal logo David Manley Supporting Member of TMP12 Feb 2017 3:21 p.m. PST

They do. I have two, one for my DBA Palmytan army, the second commands my HoTT Amazon army

madaxeman14 Feb 2017 6:45 a.m. PST

Magister Militum do a Boudicca in 15mm

link

Stever Supporting Member of TMP18 Apr 2017 4:01 p.m. PST

MM- slowest website on the planet…….

goragrad18 Jun 2017 6:36 p.m. PST

Viking Forge has Palmyran Cats and light horse. No foot, although they have Sassanid foot archers and Roman Auxiliary that could do.

Poses are more static than is currently popular.

OG15s have Cats, light horse, and foot archers. A bit larger and it was a tight squeeze getting four Cats on a 40x30. Well animated though.

The Cats from the Battle Honors Sassanid range are generic enough to be used for Palmyrans as well. A bit more expensive. Haven't painted and based mine yet.

Donnington has nice figures, haven't painted them up yet and they are UK, so shipping time to consider. But they do have a Zenobia and Boudicca.

Same with Essex.

Here are some photos of my Palmyrans for an idea (OG15s, VF, old Essex, and Minifigs) -

link

OG on the left VF or the right.

link

OG left, VF center and right.

link

Minifigs left, Old Essex left of center, OG right.

OG Romans for the DBA 'a' list -

link

Colors are a bit washed out, but size and animation can be seen.

P.S. I think Stever that photobucket takes that title…

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.