Help support TMP

"A good app for auto Photo uploads?" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Photography of Miniatures Message Board

305 hits since 16 Oct 2016
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Xintao Supporting Member of TMP17 Oct 2016 6:01 a.m. PST

I'm looking for an app that will auto upload my pics, but then allow me to link the pics directly from the hosting site.

Most cloud storage does not allow direct links, Microsoft, Google, Flickr, etc.

Right now the way I post pics on say, TMP, I post the pic on my Blog, and then link from there.

Thanks

Personal logo Extra Crispy Sponsoring Member of TMP17 Oct 2016 7:19 a.m. PST

Flickr will let you use direct links and auto-uploads. All my photos are on Flickr and I post them here regularly.

Personal logo Extra Crispy Sponsoring Member of TMP17 Oct 2016 7:20 a.m. PST

One minor nuisance with Flickr: the default for auto upload is Private. But you can go into your camera roll, select all the photos, and make them public. An extra step but not that big a deal.

Xintao Supporting Member of TMP17 Oct 2016 10:13 a.m. PST

Do you use the BBCode?

Personal logo Extra Crispy Sponsoring Member of TMP18 Oct 2016 8:55 a.m. PST

Click the "Share" arrow and choose "Embed." Cut out all the coding, use just the image address.

Xintao Supporting Member of TMP18 Oct 2016 10:39 a.m. PST

Lets see, like this?

picture

Xintao Supporting Member of TMP18 Oct 2016 10:40 a.m. PST

Awesome, thanks EC

Anthropicus25 Oct 2016 10:43 a.m. PST

I use dropbox for this. But then I also usually crop/edit them and re-upload them to imgur when posting on forums since I believe the hosting bandwidth for dropbox is eventually limited. Not that I think a wargaming sized audience would ever use that up.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.