Help support TMP

"Star Trek Adventures = New Figures!!!" Topic

19 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Star Trek Message Board

Back to the SFRPG Message Board

Action Log

08 Jun 2017 1:09 p.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Removed from SF Discussion board
  • Crossposted to Star Trek board

2,122 hits since 22 Jul 2016
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Norrins22 Jul 2016 2:28 a.m. PST

MODIPHIUS ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES FORTHCOMING STAR TREKô ADVENTURES, A NEW ROLEPLAYING GAME & MINIATURES LINE.

They've just announced an upcoming official Star Trek miniature line for their new Star Trek Adventures roleplaying game. They will be 32mm scaled and feature classic Star Trek characters and crews, boarding parties and away teams.

picture

modiphius.com/star-trek.html

Start saving now.

Personal logo John Treadaway Supporting Member of TMP22 Jul 2016 2:40 a.m. PST

Star Trek Adventures will cover Star Trek the Original Series, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise as well as all of the original and Next Generation films. It does not include the new reimagined films by JJ Abrams.

(My emphasis)

Can't wait!

John T

kabrank22 Jul 2016 3:48 a.m. PST

Now if someone would do similar with Babylon 5 poverty would be calling!!

MacrossMartin Inactive Member22 Jul 2016 4:19 a.m. PST

This might be a good thing. Hopefully they will consider a tactical miniatures aspect, otherwise we'll only see a handful of character figs, as per the earlier Decipher Inc game.

If they come out with boxes of multipose Starfleet / Klingon warriors / Borg drones, then I might go silly for this, in exactly the way I didn't for Imperial Assault.

Norrins22 Jul 2016 4:25 a.m. PST

MacrossMartin – There is a forum where they are asking for what people want from the miniatures side. Might be worth joining and sharing your opinion?

link

tnjrp22 Jul 2016 4:41 a.m. PST

Seeing as they are making an RPG I wouldn't really bet on them investing in tactical miniatures aspect too much, but then again they might go the multipart set route to facilitate people building their own RPG characters. A bit like what Wyrd's done with their Malifaux -themed RPG.

Also, they could possibly have a bona fide miniature game kinda waiting in the wings since they have one presently coming up for Achtung! Cthulhu.

Badgers22 Jul 2016 5:32 a.m. PST

They're also asking for input on games for Captain Scarlet (28mm miniatures/boardgame/RPG) here:

link

Mako11 Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member22 Jul 2016 7:14 a.m. PST

That is good news.

Any chance they'll be opponents for the Fed crew?

kmfrye22 Jul 2016 7:52 a.m. PST

Hopefully, they are taking a page from FFG and their Star Wars stable of games – then we'll see opposing forces and more tactical emphasis.

Keith

Vigilant22 Jul 2016 8:08 a.m. PST

Should get the mdf makers busy with Enterprise bridges, transporter room, med bay and corridors! I live in hope.

Norrins22 Jul 2016 8:20 a.m. PST

Mako11 -According to the website:
15. Which miniatures will you be making?
We will be making miniatures of all the well-known characters from the shows and films, as well as generic crews, Away Teams, alien races, boarding parties and more.

Mako11 Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member22 Jul 2016 11:20 a.m. PST

Thanks for the info.

That is excellent news.

Hope they're reasonably priced.

rbmgl281431 Jul 2016 1:10 p.m. PST

Iknow it is likely futile to hope for the animated show to be looked to for minis I'd love a decent Edoan as the heritage figure is poor and the FASA one stillborn

Dave Crowell07 Aug 2016 6:14 p.m. PST

Modiphius have said that the animated series is represented in the game, so we can hope.

rbmgl281408 Aug 2016 3:25 p.m. PST

Hot dog!thanks for the heads up

Redmenace Supporting Member of TMP14 Aug 2016 4:19 p.m. PST

Recent interview on the game
link

Norrins15 Aug 2016 1:30 a.m. PST

These have been posted over at Lead Adventure.

picture

picture

Norrins22 Aug 2016 3:04 a.m. PST

Captain Picard is up now.

picture

The H Man11 Jan 2017 12:47 a.m. PST

The pics are not showing faces front on. I am not seeing a lot of resemblance, perhaps these are only protos or they aren't paying actors to use their likeness. This has happened in the past, especially with action figures.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.