Help support TMP

"Fall-In Friday Mordheim Game" Topic

74 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

Back to the Mordheim Message Board

2,502 hits since 3 Nov 2015
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Pages: 1 2 

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP03 Nov 2015 10:59 p.m. PST

Looks like everything is ready for the 1st annual Mordheim extravaganza
on Friday night @11pm.
Dan has said he will find us a spot to play, hopefully somewhere near the bar.
(There may be some Lager at this game)
I will find out where the game is to be played and begin setup around 10-10:30.
All you need to bring is your war band,(500 points), and it's GW approved rules if their rules aren't in the main book. And maybe your favorite dice.

I will provide the town and some pre-selected random encounters.

If you see Dan, ask him where we will meet to play.

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP08 Nov 2015 11:22 a.m. PST

Well we had 3 players and one interested kibitzer who says he will play next time, which will be at Cold Wars. The Gunnery School of Nuln got its nose bloodied by the Skaven, whilest the Tileans were hopelessly mired in zombies for a good bit of the game. Now that the cobwebs have been blown off, we should see some real bloodshed next time.

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP08 Nov 2015 2:00 p.m. PST

I mosied by late that evening and politely stared for a few moments, didn't want to intrude. Looks like a fun time was being had by all.

Stepman309 Nov 2015 10:01 a.m. PST

My first go at Mordheim…I really enjoyed the hell out of it…The damn Zombies bogged me down for most of the game, lost one young blood.

Shame about him, came to "cut" his teeth and learn the art of war but in the end he lay in the street, screaming for his mother as he watched his entrails being ripped from his body by the ghouls. Nothing could be done to save young Fernando, his body left in the dark alley…My captain suffered a leg wound he'll feel for the rest of his life. Time to regroup, lick our wounds and sharpen our swords…

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member09 Nov 2015 1:52 p.m. PST

It was great and hopefully the beginning of a new tradition…. Frostgrave looks great…. I even picked it up…. but Mordheim is my first choice.

The Skaven of the under-city are looking forward to the next show!

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2015 9:29 p.m. PST

Yep. At Cold Wars. Probably Friday night again. Stay tuned.

Stepman308 Feb 2016 7:10 a.m. PST

Ready my troops for Cold Wars…

grtbrt08 Feb 2016 9:34 p.m. PST

I look forward to playing at Cold wars .

Stepman309 Feb 2016 6:05 p.m. PST

Awesome…Look for Dan…I'm sure there'll be room…

grtbrt10 Feb 2016 8:52 p.m. PST

Do you do campaign advancement ?

Stepman311 Feb 2016 7:09 a.m. PST

We've played 1 game during Fall-In, yes we kept track of our stats and stuff earned/found and are going to continue with the same rosters…(I believe)

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP15 Feb 2016 7:57 p.m. PST

I regret to say my vacation request for that friday was denied, so I will not make it to Cold Wars until Saturday. I will keep you posted if anything changes.

grtbrt15 Feb 2016 9:16 p.m. PST

Does that mean no game ?

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP16 Feb 2016 12:42 a.m. PST

No, please play. I just won't be able to provide the board and houses this time.

Stepman316 Feb 2016 5:29 a.m. PST

Maybe Dan has some buildings…or maybe we can do a forest kind of setting…

Stepman316 Feb 2016 5:35 a.m. PST

or we can do it on Saturday night…

grtbrt16 Feb 2016 8:11 a.m. PST

I might be able to bring some terrain stuff ,from our clubs Mordheim stock . I will look to see if it is being used that weekend .

Or we can do it both nights??

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP19 Feb 2016 12:39 a.m. PST

I'm afraid my Cold Wars this year will only be a brief shopping trip on Saturday Morning. This blows.

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP30 Aug 2016 3:30 a.m. PST

Fall-In Friday Mordheim Game is ON!
Dan will tell me where to set it up.
Thinking of starting around 9PM.
500 points.

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member30 Aug 2016 4:38 a.m. PST

We will be in the Hotel foyer again, between the desk and front doors…. 9pm sounds great….

Does this mean I need to create a new warband? I think I will go human this time around…. possibly even Nuln gunnery as your warband was awesome and I have the figures!!!

What about hired swords and or mercenaries? (I say leave them out).

grtbrt30 Aug 2016 7:46 a.m. PST

I am in .any restrictions on the warbands ?

Stepman330 Aug 2016 1:57 p.m. PST

I'm in as well…might do a fun Outriders list…Nuln sounds fun as well…

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP30 Aug 2016 9:58 p.m. PST

•Try to keep the war bands official, at a 500 gold limit.
•Those who played last time can use the same war band or start a new one.
•Please have your list and figures ready to go.

If we have enough players I will just GM the thing and run the encountered nasties.

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member31 Aug 2016 7:24 a.m. PST

Just to be clear… if I choose the rats again.. I had a few increases because of experience I got… I think it wasn't a lot.. nowhere near enough for an underdog bonus to be sure….

Steppman3… remember, if you run the same warband.. you have a guy or two that is supposed to miss your next game… BWahahahahaha… ha!

I am looking forward to playing. Anything I can bring sir?

I will be bringing all of my figures again, so if you are a fan and don't have the figures to play… mine are available… I have pretty much everything…. almost!

reach out to me at the HMGS website for the CD email, I will be happy to review what I have available for use.

d

Stepman302 Sep 2016 6:56 a.m. PST

Okay, so official lists…anything from the main rule book and Town Cryer?

Yes Dan I know. My Captain I believe is out a game and one of my Young-bloods wont be seeing old age…

Are we still going to keep it in the city setting or somewhere else…

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member02 Sep 2016 8:10 a.m. PST

LOL!!! Come on… You have to allow for a little smack talk… LOL!!! I got lucky.. luck runs out….

I am actually thinking on changing up myself… Snurl's Nuln gunnery school looked awesome!!!! And not just because of his fantastic paint jobs either!

Snurl…. can you post that link like you gave me so others can see all of the awesome goodness we have available to use…??? There is a bit more than the books and TC.

Stepman302 Sep 2016 11:57 a.m. PST

It's all good… I'll get vindication…lol

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP02 Sep 2016 8:11 p.m. PST

I am not sure which link you are looking for Dan. ?

I will bring the city and board again. I have a scenario in mind to try out that suits multiplayer games rather well.

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP02 Sep 2016 9:28 p.m. PST

The 4th post in this thread contains a mother lode link to Mordheim rules.

TMP link

Stepman304 Sep 2016 10:54 a.m. PST

link

Check this out ladies.

Stepman309 Sep 2016 5:03 p.m. PST

Now i'm doing some Witch Hunters…

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member13 Sep 2016 11:15 a.m. PST

I am still undecided!!!! AND.. time is running out!

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP13 Sep 2016 11:40 p.m. PST

Play the war band you like most.

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP03 Oct 2016 9:17 p.m. PST

This is going to be a blast.
I will bring the board and the buildings same as last time.
If any of you would like to bring additional buildings feel free.
I have a few random encounters cooked up and ready to unleash.

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member04 Oct 2016 10:59 a.m. PST

I am both happy and worried about the random encounters….

TheGaffer Inactive Member26 Oct 2016 8:20 a.m. PST

Wish I could be there to see it.

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP26 Oct 2016 10:08 p.m. PST

We will post a report, if anyone survives to write one.

Stepman327 Oct 2016 2:56 a.m. PST

trying to get my Reikland Warband together or my Bretonnians or my Witch Hunters. But I do have My Tilean, Nuln and Outrider warbands built…

grtbrt27 Oct 2016 8:33 a.m. PST

This should be fun – I still haven't decided what warband yet . Thinking maybe Lizardmen or Pirates or something else , I imagine I will change my mind a dozen times before the Game .

Stepman327 Oct 2016 9:18 a.m. PST

Lizardmen? Sounds fun. My back story for my Tilean/Estalian warband is that Pirazzo and his Legion are lost in Lustria. His brother Don Miguel is looking for money to fund an expedition to rescue his sibling. His last outing didn't fair well for him. He lost one of his wards "youngblood" and he has to rest his wounds received from some undead that stalled his party in a back alley (ala Snurl).

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member31 Oct 2016 8:24 a.m. PST

Hmmm…. if I don't run rats again…. I need to come up with another warband…. I still have time, I am just sooo busy….. and, any free time I have had has been to paint 1/144th WW1 airplanes!!!

grtbrt01 Nov 2016 9:39 a.m. PST

I have a few last minute questions
a) Can we use mounted ?
b)We are using Hired Swords right ? important for balancing .
c) Are we using weather ?

thanks ,Kevin

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP01 Nov 2016 9:03 p.m. PST

A) Yes, i believe mounted is covered in some of the official rules.
B) Hired Swords are OK if you can afford them. If you are running a new war band you only have 500 Gold Crowns to start. If you are continuing with the war band from last time we played, then if you can afford a Hired Sword, go for it.
C) No. While weather is a cool option, it tends to bog down Multi-Player games.

I will begin setting up around 8pm in the same general area we were in last time.
Hopefully we can get started around 9. See you there!

grtbrt06 Nov 2016 8:12 p.m. PST

We had a fun 4 player game
a) Skaven
b) Nuln gunners
c) Imperial outriders
d) Miragliano's(Tilean) "The Grey company"

The outriders were victorious though at a horrendous cost (they lost 3 heroes all KIA )so likely are to disband .
The skaven survived with no casualties ,but also causing none.and actually not even taking a shot -but they did soil themselves a few times .
The Tileans demonstrated the dangers of only practicing shooting skills( they didn't hit in 13 melee attacks ) but did shoot down 3 Outriders and 2 gunners
The Nuln had the misfortune to disturb a nest of ghouls which occupied them for a while (and showed they had learned their melee skills from a tilean )

Lots of fun – we are looking to get together over the winter for a weekend of Mordheim.

Stepman306 Nov 2016 8:47 p.m. PST

In spite of feeling under the weather I was able to get myself together enough to make my way down and play. Glad I did. Great game. Unfortunately found that running an Outrider warband is very expensive. Loosing 3 out of 5 was painful but could have been worse if I had failed my leadership role…My captain having lost his scout and 2 Pistoliers may now have to take up the roll of selling his skills as a freelance knight…There's money to be made in Mordheim…

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member07 Nov 2016 9:21 a.m. PST

In defense of my own actions….. it was street fight…. everyone else either had horrible guns.. that could outshoot my slings.. to go into the streets to even charge was suicide…. AND.. to go into buildings was not enough.. I had to move slowly through them so I could hide with each move…. the game ended on the very turn I actually got close enough to swarm….. lucky for them…..

I do want to add though.. I was VERY tempted to stay in the streets and just charge because it did seem that the other 3 warbands shooting was so bad…. You read that the outriders suffered horribly.. yet…. if you knew how many shots it took to bring them down due to poor dice rolling… wow….

Hey, I played it safe…. rats with no armor against guns and long rage S4 weapons…. one good round and my pack would never grow to be the swarm it has now become….. 2 games in and I now have grown to 13 members.. which includes a giant rat pack of 3…..

Perhaps next game I won't be so skittish.

Remember… I know Frostgrave is all the rage now, but dust off your figures and come join us if you like!! We want to make this into a regular thing at each show if we can. And do not worry about falling behind… the underdog bonus is a game changer.

Stepman307 Nov 2016 10:08 a.m. PST

Can't wait till March…We should try to fit 2 games in if possible…

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member07 Nov 2016 12:01 p.m. PST

We need more people!!!!

Personal logo snurl1 Supporting Member of TMP07 Nov 2016 10:12 p.m. PST

We saw the rats run into the buildings down the street and out of range. once and awhile a hint of movement, then….nothing.
Suddenly a band of riders tore down the street from our left, they seemed hell-bent on getting somewhere fast, only to meet a hail of arrows, bolts, rocks, stones, and maybe a kitchen sink from an unseen opponent to our right.
Zombies had followed us into the area and attacked from behind. One was dispatched quickly but the other damned thing just wouldn't die. We hacked it to pieces, it's probable still squirming about in the mud.
The rats again.
We could hear them chittering and scurrying about all around us, but none could be tempted to show itself.
A fell Tilean dart caused a wound to Two of our company, one was OK but the other will take a few weeks to recuperate, with two broken legs and losing an eye in the fall from his slightly elevated position.
Curse this city and it's false promises of gold and treasure.
Tomorrow, we will fight again.

I had a blast! We will play in March at Cold Wars, if not before. Maybe a double header next time.

Poniatowski Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member08 Nov 2016 7:57 a.m. PST

Well said sir…..

I cannot deny…. the rats saw their doom among the tribes of man who would forget their hatred for each other, at least until the rats were vanquished….

The scent of blood was almost enough to tempt us from our hiding holes… but the adept is strong and kept the verminkin in line to fight another day….. while man kin kill each other the rats swarm…. the great horned one saw fit for our ranks to grow….. by 4…. Weak we are in small numbers, yet undefeatable we become when we swarm!

Pages: 1 2