Help support TMP

"Schleswig War - First or Second (or both) Poll" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Discussion Groups and Wargaming Forums Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

805 hits since 9 Sep 2015
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Buckeye AKA Darryl Supporting Member of TMP09 Sep 2015 5:10 p.m. PST

Now appearing on the Schleswig Wars Yahoo group, a poll about which war you are gaming (or plan to game).

link

Yes, you have to be a member to vote, but the Schleswig Wars group has becoming more active of late so it is a great time to join!

Prince Alberts Revenge09 Sep 2015 9:22 p.m. PST

I prefer 1st, more colorful uniforms and a nice hodgepodge of contingents.

KTravlos Supporting Member of TMP10 Sep 2015 4:10 a.m. PST

Both. The 1st for the variety of uniforms, and the presence of more field actions, the second for Austrians, Dybbol, and the Max Mueller :p

Personal logo Buckeye AKA Darryl Supporting Member of TMP10 Sep 2015 4:35 a.m. PST

With 5% of the districts reporting, the First War is leading in the early voting. :)

ChrisBBB10 Sep 2015 5:33 a.m. PST

I guess the 1st is more interesting per se, for the reasons others have given above.

But the 2nd has the advantage (for me) that I don't have to paint entire new armies for it – I just redeploy my existing Prussians and Austrians, and use my ACW Union as Danes, with the addition of a few guys carrying Dannebrogs.

In "Bloody Big European Battles" I did a scenario that combines the preliminary skirmishes before Dybbol, the storming of the redoubts, and the invasion of Als into a single evening's game. I was especially pleased to read about this being played by Danes in Denmark recently, with apparently much enjoyment:
link

Chris
Bloody Big BATTLES!
link
bloodybigbattles.blogspot.co.uk

jurgenation Supporting Member of TMP10 Sep 2015 2:51 p.m. PST

Second I have been painting up figures for it,and I have thePrussians and Austrans and german minor states already. Also I will be the only one in our group painting this …I can't do both.

daler240D Supporting Member of TMP25 Feb 2016 2:07 p.m. PST

1st by far. It has a real unique charm. The 2nd is just…so much middling, typical Austro-Prussian generic feeling.

RudyNelson26 Feb 2016 2:24 p.m. PST

The First is the one I have written about the most so I would say it.

daler240D Supporting Member of TMP27 Feb 2016 11:31 a.m. PST

Hey Rudy, I'd be interested in what you have written on the subject and recommendations for other material.

coolyork Supporting Member of TMP21 Mar 2016 9:12 p.m. PST

Does anyone make figure for the 1st War ?

KTravlos Supporting Member of TMP22 Mar 2016 12:08 p.m. PST

Hey coolyork

There are a couple of companies that make Danes for the first war in Toy Soldier Style.

You can use 1864 Danes not in greatcoat for 1848 Danes in the second uniform.

Pendraken has a full 10mm range for the 1st war
link

Freicoprs 15 has a full range in 15mm
link

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.