Help support TMP

"54 mm Zombie Apoc" Topic

13 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Zombies Message Board

Back to the Plastic Army Men Message Board

1,506 hits since 25 Aug 2014
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Spartan63 Inactive Member26 Aug 2014 12:49 p.m. PST

I am looking at doing as the subject says a zombie wargame in 54mm and I am aware of a number of figures in this scale;

1.Gentle Giants 'Walking Dead' 54mm figures.
2.Modern US infantry by Armies in Plastic.
3. Arifix SAS

Just need to source police and civilians. Does anyone know of other available figures?

nnascati Supporting Member of TMP26 Aug 2014 1:33 p.m. PST

You should be able to find Police figures in Dollar Store bags, Firemen as well. Civilians are tougher, maybe paint the Zombies as Alive?

Londonplod26 Aug 2014 2:10 p.m. PST

Marx Untouchables gangsters as civilians?

R Lee S Supporting Member of TMP26 Aug 2014 2:43 p.m. PST

october toys had a set of five or six nicely sculpted zombies, but when I went to there website the zombies I was thinking of where gone. In there place are these new rather expensive zombies sets

link

looks like "Rick",& "Carl" and from the comics "Negan" these might be legit which explains the rather large price tag, they have to pay licencing fees.

R Lee S Supporting Member of TMP26 Aug 2014 2:47 p.m. PST

looks like the ones I was thinking of aren't available anymore

link

cloudcaptain26 Aug 2014 5:15 p.m. PST

Civilians:

link

link

link

link

cloudcaptain26 Aug 2014 5:23 p.m. PST
Spartan63 Inactive Member28 Aug 2014 1:53 p.m. PST

Just purchased a box set of the Walking Dead figures. There are 14 in the set and the detail is pretty good. Be keeping my eye on Gentle Giants future releases.

Spartan63 Inactive Member11 Sep 2014 1:14 p.m. PST

Just discovered'Box O Zombies'. Six 54mm zombies. They look like there going to release survivors as well. If this does happen very happy bunny.

Part time gamer10 Sep 2016 1:11 a.m. PST

*Spartan63,
Dude, by all means please keep us up to date on this, it sounds like it could be very cool game and great "eye candy'

Best of luck on this one.

NYD Minis Inactive Member10 Sep 2016 1:30 a.m. PST

Here are a couple of photos with my "Gentle Giant" 54ers

picture

picture

picture

Part time gamer15 Oct 2016 1:49 a.m. PST

NYD Mini's
thanks for posting the pics. I "never" imagined that 54mm (in plastic no less) was still such a popular scale for gaming.
I always figured if you wanted / did gaming in this scale you had to simply "make do" with what you could find and juust proxy everthing. Boy was I WRONG. (Happily)

Have too much into my 28's and 15mm armor project to take on another,but I can stil enjoy the work/ AAR's or others.
Thanks to all that post them.

Part time gamer12 Oct 2017 10:57 p.m. PST

Spartan 63,
IF you ever get back to this, would love to hear (and see) if you found the Police and Civi figures you needed for the project.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.