Help support TMP

"Doom and Bloom Kickstarter" Topic

15 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Wargaming Spouses Message Board

Back to the Utter Drivel Message Board

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

Back to the Horror Media Message Board

Back to the Modern What-If Message Board

Back to the SF Product Reviews Message Board

1,446 hits since 31 Mar 2014
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

War Monkey31 Mar 2014 2:44 p.m. PST

Not sure where I should of posted this but will start here for now

But may be of interest for some of you out there.

A kickstarter game of survival after a pandemic outbreak

link

Stealth100031 Mar 2014 4:46 p.m. PST

Mmmmm Interesting game.

alien BLOODY HELL surfer01 Apr 2014 5:38 a.m. PST

can anything be released these days without a bloody kickstarter?

OSchmidt Inactive Member01 Apr 2014 1:01 p.m. PST

Aren't there like… a dozen games out there already on this?

This has been done to death, with or without zombies, with or without aliens, with or without mutant animals.

How about a game about a family trying to raise their kids and not getting them shot by gangs, abducted by perverts, get an education despite ignorant, untrained and unmotivated teachers, keep house and home together, put food on the table, have a few minutes enjoyment together, and try and love each other and keep each other safe, in spite of psycho bosses, predatory governments who want to pick the fillings from your teethc, and feral urban gangs, muggers, beggars and moochers who want to smash it all and you don't have a 500,000,000 megawatt pulse laser to blow them away.

Oh yeah-- that's called life.

Why don't you make a game where you take the family on a vacation, and your aim is to have the most fun. To spend time with the wife rekindling the romance, taking your kids to rides and historical points, watching them play on the beach, laugh and horse around, watching your 16 year old daughter flirting with the hunky lifeguard and thinking she's so cute. Watching your son become fascinated with a fossil he finds at a tattered falling down roadside museum, and the perfect ride home with the sun setting off to the side and your beautiful kids sound asleep in the back and your wife squeezes your hand and thanks you for a wonderful trip.

How about a game about seduction? Set it in the time of Old Vienna and you get to wine and dine beautiful women, a day at the races a night at the opera, wine women and song, and beautiful delicious dinners and deserts. "Vuudchu like zum Vipped Cream mit your Vipped Cream Meinherr?" Is the woman your with a Grand Damme, A princess, or a chambermaid in her ladies gown. Do you care?

How about a game about the timesw of classical mythology. I'm not talking about one of those awful excruciating games where you have to scrabble over wood, gold and resources to farm and build up things. I talking about REAL mythology where you get to MAKE the myths. I mean a game, not where you use Hydras or Elephants instread of tanks, I'm talking about myths like where the three most gorgeous goddess' from Olympus come down and do a slow strip to get the golden apple for the most beautiful. I'm talking about a game where you see what you should not have seen and are torn apart by your own dogs in punishment. I mean where you pursue a nymph and she turns into a myrtle tree, or you steal the tarnhelm and ring from the dwarf.

How about a game where you create a plot, like being a hunchback dwarf in the court of this dissolute nobleman and you're his constant companion in his revels and debaucheries, urging him on. But then he finds your daughter, you beautiful young daughter, and he seduces her. you plan revenge with an assassin to kill him, but you want the satisfaction of tossing the body in the river. She finds out about the plot and takes the nobleman's place and is killed instead of him,and you open the sack for revenge and see your beautiful dead daughter, or where someone kills his father and marries his mother and is cursed by Gods and men for his life.. Or there's these two babies switched at birth and one grows up to be a gentleman sea captain but he's the poor baby and the noble baby is raised by poor parents and becomes a lowly deck hand on the captain's ship and falls in love with his daughter…

Can't you guys ever think of anything NEW!

Balthazar Marduk Inactive Member01 Apr 2014 8:38 p.m. PST

You should get a Kickstarter going for that, OSchmidt.

OSchmidt Inactive Member02 Apr 2014 4:34 a.m. PST

Dear Cyborg Cop.

No, Sorry, I'm already losing the game of life so I'm hardly the one to design a game on it.

I did design a game on Seduction, and it worked rather well, It's called "Morning Noon and Night in Vienna." I give it at conventions. The problem is you can really only play it once.

I was perhaps a bit too peevish, but it does get tiresome that very little new is ever envisioned.

Recovered 1AO Inactive Member02 Apr 2014 9:21 a.m. PST

Um, There is nothing new under the sun…

A wiser man than I (not that such is hard to achieve) said that…

Recovered 1AO Inactive Member02 Apr 2014 9:24 a.m. PST

"… Why don't you make a game where you take the family on a vacation, and your aim is to have the most fun. To spend time with the wife rekindling the romance, taking your kids to rides and historical points, watching them play on the beach, laugh and horse around, watching your 16 year old daughter flirting with the hunky lifeguard and thinking she's so cute. Watching your son become fascinated with a fossil he finds at a tattered falling down roadside museum, and the perfect ride home with the sun setting off to the side and your beautiful kids sound asleep in the back and your wife squeezes your hand and thanks you for a wonderful trip…"

Sounds awesome but would it sell like half-naked women using swords that weigh about 50 pounds battling "horrible green things from space"?

Zephyr102 Apr 2014 2:27 p.m. PST

It won't really be a family vacation without the Griswolds…. ;-)

OSchmidt Inactive Member03 Apr 2014 1:34 p.m. PST

Dear Recovered 1A0

Naaah… not going to pull my chain on that one… I agree, it wouldn't sell as well.

Ethanjt21 Inactive Member03 Apr 2014 3:23 p.m. PST

Most of your ideas are covered under,

"RPG"

There are no new ideas in this hobby. It's been done in books, movies, tv, other games, all over. Even when you think you've got a great new idea people are like,

"Oh, you mean like xxxxx?"

Just appreciate the diversity and beating of dead horses with things we've seen 100 times. Usually each one offers something the other's don't.

Perhaps this Post Apoc game will be what sucks someone else into our hobby. Who cares if it isn't original?

War Monkey04 Apr 2014 8:32 a.m. PST

Well I pitch in to it, one reason I have three nephews who like to play such board games, and those are always good times and the second reason is the wife seemed intrested in playing this one :D

May not be the quality family time that some seem not fit to play but any family quality time is a good thing, right, some just have to find different avenues to reach those goals

War Monkey21 Apr 2014 8:30 a.m. PST

OK only few bucks to go and this game one will be funded, and the next goal will be the miniatures!

War Monkey22 Apr 2014 9:12 a.m. PST

Well this one is funded, l'm looking forward to this one, first off for the fun factor as the game looks to have and the fact that the wife is interested in playing :-)

War Monkey10 May 2014 5:50 a.m. PST

A little slow on the go but the first stretch goal reached and so there will be miniatures added "YES!"

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.