Help support TMP

"15mm Tactical Sci-Fi Rules in development" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Playtest Message Board

Back to the Game Design Message Board

Back to the 15mm Sci-Fi Message Board

1,024 hits since 3 Mar 2014
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

mr vidlak Inactive Member03 Mar 2014 11:01 a.m. PST

Over the last few years I have been working on a Sci-Fi Rules System
For Large Tactical Combat Operations in 15mm.

Once Finished they will be a set of Fast-Play, TO-Level " boots on the ground" War Game Rules. This set of Rules Provide the Followong Features .

A Unit -oriented "Fire-Team" level Tactical aproach to Sci-Fi War Gaming.

A D20-based System provding better "Chance Resolution" than standard D6 System.

A well-degined Three-Phase game-turn Structure.

A Simple Orders & Actions Mechanic.

A minimum ammount of Record-Keeping

A Unit Effectivess Rating (UAR) Which is Based upon Training, Combat Experiemce, Motivation & Fatigue.

An Event-Triggered Morale System on the Units Effectiveness Rating (UAR)

A Unique "Interleaved" Actibation System that alternates Movement & Unit Activity between Army Commands Within yhe Game Turn.

Unit Coherency that teflects the Battlefield Effectiveness of the unit.

A one score "Kill" Factor which recognizes the individual weapon & targets armor, yet does not require additional "penetration" or "save" Die Rolls for Direct fire weapons which do not have an Area of Effect.

In addition to thr above Features other development which I am still testing or am currently unsble to reveal.

any Feedback is Appreciated.

Marcin from Assault Publishing Sponsoring Member of TMP03 Mar 2014 11:14 a.m. PST

Many idea are similar to these I used for construction of PMC 2640 wargame ruleset, althought I used some different terms to describe tchem.
Hre you may see the whole core mechanic in demo version I released a few days ago: link

Logain03 Mar 2014 11:35 a.m. PST

Sounds good, you should put together a demo/quick start set so that people can get a feel for the mechanics, like the one for PMC above.

Dennis030203 Mar 2014 11:39 a.m. PST

Sounds good . Please keep us up to date.

MajorB03 Mar 2014 11:43 a.m. PST

A Unique "Interleaved" Actibation System that alternates Movement & Unit Activity between Army Commands Within yhe Game Turn.

Is that really unique? Stargrunt II uses an interleaved activation system.

Stoss55 Inactive Member03 Mar 2014 10:55 p.m. PST

almost sounds like it's cherry-picking the best parts of the more popular rulesets and combining them. not that that's bad, i'd be interested to see how it works out.

RetroBoom Inactive Member05 Mar 2014 7:09 p.m. PST

Im not sure what feedback your after. Did you plan to post the rules?

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.