Help support TMP

"Polish Vistula Legion figure heads " Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Plastic Figures Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Product Reviews Message Board

622 hits since 21 Jun 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2013 12:14 p.m. PST

"As requested by your good selves we have now made the Figure Heads for the Vistula Legion available separately. We have Fusiliers in shakos, Voltigeurs in shakos and Grenadiers in czpaskas"

picture

See here
link

Hope you enjoy!.

Amicalement
Armand

Widowson22 Jun 2013 12:41 p.m. PST

It's good they provided heads, because the bodies of these sets are completely inaccurate. And as far as I know, Vistula grenadiers wore shakos, not czapkas. I could be wrong, but given the lack of proper research that went into the creation of these figures, I don't trust them for such details.

Garde de Paris Supporting Member of TMP23 Jun 2013 11:41 a.m. PST

By tinkering with the pompoms, one can use the Voltigeur heads for the 30th French Line – who wore the sunburst shako cover throughout fusilier and voltigeurs companies t least (or was it the 3rd line?).

I believe all companies of the Vistula Legion battalion wore this shako with sunburst plate. Tufts fo grenadiers and voltigeurs, perhaps ball pompom only for center companies.

GdeP

Murawski Sponsoring Member of TMP24 Jun 2013 1:52 a.m. PST

Vistula Legion Grenadier companies wore Czapskas from 1812-14.

Well, thats what my research tells me but you can never be sure with the Poles as there are contradictory sources out there so its pretty much nail your colours to the mast and go for it.

Garde de Paris Supporting Member of TMP24 Jun 2013 10:45 a.m. PST

The French 26th Chasseurs a cheval served in Spain, and wore the sunburst shako plate. This would work for them. Anyones guess about the pompoms!

GdeP

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.