Help support TMP

"Glenbrook Games Painting Service - an introduction" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Painting Services Message Board

421 hits since 20 Jun 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Glenbrook Games Painting21 Jun 2013 1:46 a.m. PST

Hi all, I have been merrily posting pictures and realised that perhaps I should tell you a bit about me and my painting service.

My name is Matt Slade and I am based in the lovely Forest of Dean area of Gloucestershire in the UK. Having painted and wargamed for over 25 years (now there's a thought!), I have bitten the bullet, taken an early departure package from a 15 year Prison Service career and now run a full time painting service.

All painting is done by me, no sub contracting etc. I paint any figure size from 15mm to 40mm and I am happy to paint historical and fantasy, having gamed in most periods and genres over the years.

All painting is done with acrylics over a black undercoat and I would say I probably paint along the Dallimore lines with the majority of areas on the figure getting two highlights and the flesh at least three.

For a typical 25/28mm figure I charge £4.00 GBP to £5.00 GBP each which includes painting, varnishing and basing.

I am attending a large number of UK shows this year promoting my service and selling ready painted figures and units from stock.

More information can be found on my website and blog (where I post pictures of my commissions).

glenbrookgames.co.uk
mattsgamepage.blogspot.co.uk

streetline Inactive Member21 Jun 2013 3:18 a.m. PST

Had a chance to see some of your figures at Exeter – lovely work, really nice.

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2013 4:56 a.m. PST

Nice to see a prison rehabilitation success story. Good luck with your venture.

Glenbrook Games Painting21 Jun 2013 9:40 a.m. PST

I assume 79th PA is joking, but just in case. I was a prison officer, finishing at the rank of senior officer after 15 years service.

A much nicer way to earn a living. I haven't (yet!) been assaulted, spat at or sworn at as a figure painter…

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP21 Jun 2013 10:52 a.m. PST

Yes, American humor at its finest (the 'good luck' thing was serious).

Glenbrook Games Painting21 Jun 2013 1:57 p.m. PST

Phew

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.