Help support TMP

"Using collectible plastic figs for markers?" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Wargaming in General Message Board

500 hits since 20 Jun 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

klepley Supporting Member of TMP20 Jun 2013 4:06 p.m. PST

Was thinking about trying to find some different cheap collectible figures (Mage Knight/Hero Clix etc). to use for markers in my games. Guy running or looks shaken for different morale markers. Anyone tried this or found any good figs to use?

Personal logo The Beast Rampant Supporting Member of TMP20 Jun 2013 4:51 p.m. PST

What genre are you talking about?

Personal logo wrgmr1 Supporting Member of TMP20 Jun 2013 5:10 p.m. PST

We use extra figures for hit markers.
We have Boxer Rebellion, Medieval and WW1 markers.
Sometimes casualty markers others are just extra.

Personal logo doc mcb Supporting Member of TMP20 Jun 2013 6:28 p.m. PST

I use D&D and Clix etc extensively for spell markers, and also for mounts and large monsters. Historicals seem a harder genre to fit, but then there's plenty of medieval types. You could also use various scary ones to represent shaken or routing or such, even if the minis aren't representing anything tangible (as opposed to an immaterial but real state of mind).

klepley Supporting Member of TMP20 Jun 2013 6:30 p.m. PST

For all different periods. I run colonial and modern as well as some ACW skirmish. We tend to use markers like beads to show shaken, routed etc.. Was going to see if I could find some figs that would work with those games..

Rich Bliss20 Jun 2013 7:13 p.m. PST

Good luck. The cheaper figures are very static, sculpt-wise. You'll definitely have to make some modifications.

Personal logo Sgt Slag Supporting Member of TMP20 Jun 2013 8:33 p.m. PST

I use 25mm scale chickens (routing), and goats (shaken), for my 25mm-30mm figure games. They blend into the terrain nicely, without being too obvious, or detracting. Cheers!

streetline Inactive Member21 Jun 2013 4:19 a.m. PST

I have to ask – why goats??

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.