Help support TMP

"Fox Hole Terrain Review" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Flames of War Message Board

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

980 hits since 15 Feb 2013
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

charles popp15 Feb 2013 2:43 p.m. PST

Hello all,

This is my first review like this. Had to do it because it is just a great company with terrific products.
Pictures are not the best as they are not on the table but I put Stuff with them so you can get an idea of how well they mesh with things. My little camera or my painting skills do justice to these products.

First general things. I tried several different companies before I settled on FoxHole for my hedges and walls as well as other terrain a both it come out and as I purchase and paint it up I will add more reviews.
First off ,they are to me best price for what you get. In terms of both quality and quantity.
They are clean sharp castings. SO far I have had no problems with flash or breakage. Sturdy and light as well. As you can tell from the pictures they look good with figures. They to me give that hiding behind the terrain that men in combat do in real life. Other walls ad hedges leave too much of the figure sticking out over the top for my liking. These look a lot more natural.
Painting is so easy and quick. Black Primer. Then only one coat of the base. With the black underneath you get that realistic shading look especially with the Hedges. On some of them I have been experimenting with taking some darker and lighter shades of green and giving little streaks to make it look more natural.
The breakthrough pieces for the hedges are the best I have found. They look like someone just ran through them. Wide enough for a Sherman to go through with ease. I am going to grab a Panther and see if it fits. Might even see if a Tiger will fit through it.
The best part though is the people running the company. Dan and Janet are a pleasure to work with.
I am glad they are both okay and still in business. Too often in this hobby a good company run by decent people runs into bad luck and does not make it. I plan on keeping them as busy as I can. I hope you all do the same.
Next time I will review buildings and have real action shots of what I have painted up,promise!

link

VonBurge15 Feb 2013 3:56 p.m. PST

I've got some bunkers from them that were very nice.

uberbyford Inactive Member16 Feb 2013 6:21 a.m. PST

Do they accept orders to UK?

charles popp17 Feb 2013 10:52 a.m. PST

Email and ask them. I do not see why not. Another plus is the stuff is sturdy but light

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.